The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love enslaved, but i just saw the video for path to vanir and :erk:

Ive recently checked Ruun out and i must say i was quite surprised. I didnt expect Enslaved to sound like this. I'm really getting into it.

I like the groove they have going on, the open strumming riffs with little add-ons happening over top, e.g the first song. It is a nice change from the chugging kinda riffs most other bands do.

Forest ov Hate said:
Their first album, Vikingligr Veldi. Fucking incredible atmosphere.. Some of the most beautiful and melancholic black metal ever.. Absolutely amazing band!

Melancholic? You talking about the same band here? Dark emotion of the melancholic has little place in the world of Enslaved. The music is about them expressing of their heritage & mythologies, not emotion.

Nomansvally said:
They're very good on atmosphere. Have anyone here besides me attended a Enslaved gig?

They're in London with three other Tabu bands in September. Although badly strapped for cash I might have to go...

Benighted1 said:
What is ISA like as an album?

Isa is a great album. It has a bunch of great songs, although it took a VERY long time to grow on me (but it was worth the wait!). I think it feels like a more complete and full album than, say, Ruun.

I just pruchased Ruun and Isa last night. Im loving Ruun!!! (havent really listened to Isa yet) Especially track 4 (also called Ruun I believe).
Killer album!!!
Well cheers guys for another great album recomendation :)

i dont understand why people keep saying it took them so long for enslaved to "sink in". the band is pretty straightforward...basically the black metal equivilent to Opeth...so i dont see what the necessary "aquired" taste is here.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i dont understand why people keep saying it took them so long for enslaved to "sink in". the band is pretty straightforward...basically the black metal equivilent to Opeth...so i dont see what the necessary "aquired" taste is here.

I got Ruun last night and loved it straight away. Funny you should say that about them been the black metal equivilent to Opeth coz thats exactly what I said to my mate upon first hearing them...

Status
Not open for further replies.