The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closest I get to that is cranking Borknagar's The Olden Domain while walking along Bondi Beach under full moon. Borknagar + ocean goes really well.

Does anybody think that the intro of the song Ruun is Enslaved beating Tool at their own game, or something of sorts?

prowlergrig said:
the closest i got to that was walking thru the forest and meeting some lamers blasting eminem :zombie:

LMAO

No seriously. I shouldnt be laughing.

//Stop, H.

LMAO. Poor fella. That sucks bad! hehe.

Opethian666 said:
Does anybody think that the intro of the song Ruun is Enslaved beating Tool at their own game, or something of sorts?

haha, I shall tell you a interesting story. When I was at the Quartfestival last week I met Ivar Peerson a couple of hours before Tool's preformance and I got his autograph and we talked a bit about the Grimstad gig (they played instrumental RUUN material as soundtrack for Terje Vigen, a silentfilm from 1917 in my hometown during the Short film festival there.) And he is a huge TOOL fan and was hoping their gig was to become one of the best concert-experiances of his life.

I actually sought for him in the crowds 'cos in May, Enslaved was answering reader's questions in a Norwegian paper and Ivar wrote to a guy about him getting to Kristiansand's Quart-festival to see Tool and how much he appreciated their music as influences.

When it comes to the song "Ruun" my first impression was "how TOOLish!" right away. Tool and Enslaved are quite different, I don't think one shall compare 'em so much.

picked up RUUN at Best Buy tonight, so it now goes alongside Monumension and BTL

next time I'm itching to buy another Enslaved album, Isa would be the next best choice possibly?

so I was listening to Radiohead's Kid A, and when The National Anthem came on, I realized the noise at the very beginning sounds almost just like the noise at the very beginning of Entroper, so for a split second I was wondering why the hell RUUN started playing

it was rather traumatic but I'm ok

Never listened to Enslaved. Just checked out the song Isa, I dig it. The local Best Buy has Isa and Ruun. Which one do I buy (if only one)?

I think Enslaved are one of the best bands around now. They just keep getting better and better. Although I do happen to like Isa a tiny bit more than Ruun.

Tybud said:
Never listened to Enslaved. Just checked out the song Isa, I dig it. The local Best Buy has Isa and Ruun. Which one do I buy (if only one)?

ruun. not a bad track on the album. Isa has a couple "average" tracks, as far as enslaved standards go. but you couldnt go wrong with either really, youll just end up driving back to best buy the same day to pick up the other one.

Its a tough call!

I have to say probably Heir To The Cosmic Seed, mainly because that song seems to take Enslaved in a more "stratospheric direction". I feel its very different for Enslaved.

Then again, I could go back to the title track itself and have that as my favourite... its a hard choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.