The first Are You Dead Yet? review

Zarok666

Sith happens
Nov 15, 2001
Germany
Well, it's not a real review but I found this in the net:

"Finland's talented virtuosos did it again. Their upcoming CD "Are you dead yet?" is another excellent combination of Speed and Thrash Metal, melodic and super fast guitar/synthesizer leads and very angry lyrics. But there is also new stuff: Modern electronic sounds and even some industrial elements. The album is a bit more forthright compared to the predecessor "Hate crew deathroll". For example the single "In your face": It contains rhythmic riffs, brillant keyboards and fast doublebass-attacks. Whereas the title track is merciless pure Metal! Some of the melodic pieces remind to the band's classic "Follow the reaper". Finnish producer Mikko Karmila didn't change C.O.B.'s sound very much. You can hear his ability because he created a mighty and clear sound. What's the best on "Are you dead yet?"? Well, it get's better with onward playing time. After you listened to the album for like 20 times you can still discover new things. I have no other choice than to bow down before these guys!

(Timo Isoaho - July 2005)"

And I have to say that In Your Face has a mysterious piano melody and it could really fit on Follow The Reaper.

High hopes for the FTR Elements. Sweeeeet. This makes me even more excited for the release. As if I wasn't twitching already...

6 replies and none of them saying "Waaaaaaaaah, COB have gone all nu metal"?
I'm positively surprised!:D
Besides, I can hardly wait for teh album...sounds very interesting!:)

Albums or promo's are often being sent to journalists before the release date, so they are able to have their reviews ready by the time the album is released to public. So to answer your question; he is probably a journalist/review writer for an important mag or sthg.
These promo's are often leaked (by journalists themselves), or hackers steal it from their computers. Nowadays those promo's often have a sort of a signature, so they can track the guy who leaked it and sue 'em although it shouldn't be impossible to get rid of their sig.

by forthright does he mean like simpler song structure? i hope they still go on like tangents where alexi and janne go off soloing and shit.

Timo Isoaho is a friend of the band and Finnish journalist. His name appears in the thankslist of Hate Crew Deathroll. And he wrote a positive review because he also wants to appear in the thankslist of Are You Dead Yet. :D

We will see, we will see...

I mean, hear...we will hear...

I don't give much about reviews, but hearing something bout the new album is allways good...

Facts we know:

1. Its going tobe a Bodom album...

* :err: *

yeah, thats one HELL of a fact!

Hmm it Would be cool if COB would play some or even one new song in Ruisrock on Friday, first time ever seeing bodom as live \m/.