The Focusing Blur opinions

svältvinter said:
U don´t like touring anyway so it doesn´t matter :loco: No but serious, if i buy the album will you come and play here in stockholm then :D Or if a hell lot of people buy the album, will you tour more then just one gig a year then, and if everybody that download the album, buy it instead, will you quit your job (or your studies?) then?
If I could live just out of our music it would men that we could do more tours, but how can we do a lot of that when we have to work all the time to get food on the table, so to speak....it's a cycle that those who do a lot of downloading don't really think about. But my focus is now on the release, not on net pirates!!

mr V

Vintersorg said:
If I could live just out of our music it would men that we could do more tours, but how can we do a lot of that when we have to work all the time to get food on the table, so to speak....it's a cycle that those who do a lot of downloading don't really think about. But my focus is now on the release, not on net pirates!!

mr V
I understand what you are saying and I agree but you must agree that the prize for an cd today is very high. I had to pay 219 kr for the lastest Borknagar and that was in one of the cheapest cd-shops in malmö(stupid maybe but the album kicked ass so it was worth it) :OMG:

I couldn't wait and downloaded it but that's not going to stop me from buying it when it comes out. I promise.

It's around 53:50. My math might be off a tiny bit. A nice length.

Vintersorg said:

mr V
Word!!! \m/
I did a phone interview with Quorthon from Bathory 3 days ago, and we talked exactly about this, too... really long actually! I also tried to provoke him a bit like "Should a poor one never listen to music, if he/she can`t afford to buy a CD!?" and he also stood STRICTLY to the opinion NOT to download it for free, as a sign of RESPECT for the artist, for his work, for the time he investigated, for all the heart he put in it.... the way how enthusiastic he spoke about it.... and now also reading Andreas' words about it, it really touches my heart.... those high CD-costs are NOT the artists fault, the artist did nothing but putting his heart and his blood into a record.... and I personally decided for myself to SUPPORT the artists I like & just BUY the record.... :err: ... sorry for babbling, but I had to say this....

Twilightheart said:
Word!!! \m/
I did a phone interview with Quorthon from Bathory 3 days ago, and we talked exactly about this, too... really long actually! I also tried to provoke him a bit like "Should a poor one never listen to music, if he/she can`t afford to buy a CD!?" and he also stood STRICTLY to the opinion NOT to download it for free, as a sign of RESPECT for the artist, for his work, for the time he investigated, for all the heart he put in it.... the way how enthusiastic he spoke about it.... and now also reading Andreas' words about it, it really touches my heart.... those high CD-costs are NOT the artists fault, the artist did nothing but putting his heart and his blood into a record.... and I personally decided for myself to SUPPORT the artists I like & just BUY the record.... :err: ... sorry for babbling, but I had to say this....

I agree, I mean I like to hear a sample or 2 before I spend my money on CDs but I never download the whole thing. I have way too much repsect for artists to pull that shit. I spend 95% of my money on CDs, last year alone I spent about $2400 (I have a job, so I'm not spoiled hehe) on CDs :) which is a hell of a lot for a 16 year old (of course that's a lot period I should assume hehe). Besides if no one buys any of the CDs of the artists they like the artist might not be able to afford to make any other records.

Anyway...Hail to Mr. V and I can't wait to get my hands on the new album :)

The thing that I've always argued is that without downloads, I would've never heard of 80% of the bands I listen to. Without mp3s, I would've never listened to Vintersorg in the first place, and I definitely would've never bought an album. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. I guess I'm part of a minority.

asphyXy said:
The thing that I've always argued is that without downloads, I would've never heard of 80% of the bands I listen to. Without mp3s, I would've never listened to Vintersorg in the first place, and I definitely would've never bought an album. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. I guess I'm part of a minority.
As I said earlier, to download a coupple of songs and samples are just perfect, but's sad when some have their whole record collection in mp3 format.

mr V

TB666 said:
I understand what you are saying and I agree but you must agree that the prize for an cd today is very high. I had to pay 219 kr for the lastest Borknagar and that was in one of the cheapest cd-shops in malmö(stupid maybe but the album kicked ass so it was worth it) :OMG:
Yes indeed, the price for a Cd in the store are very, very over a reasonable sum. But you don't steal the car in the car shop if you can't afford it...sorry for the example, but somehow many thinks that they have the right to every CD that comes out, that it's a universal law that every CD is free....it's not, you don't have the rights to the car until you own it.......I don't want to spend more of my valuable time babbling about all this...you know my position, lets point our minds to the actual album instead, lets put our focus on the blur...hehehehe

Vintersorg said:
Yes indeed, the price for a Cd in the store are very, very over a reasonable sum. But you don't steal the car in the car shop if you can't afford it...sorry for the example, but somehow many thinks that they have the right to every CD that comes out, that it's a universal law that every CD is free....it's not, you don't have the rights to the car until you own it.......I don't want to spend more of my valuable time babbling about all this...you know my position, lets point our minds to the actual album instead, lets put our focus on the blur...hehehehe
album is blurring my senses, i'm unable to focus... :headbang:
a damn mighty fine album indeed. :Smokin:

Well, my position in the story with downloading is very cool cause i surf via LAN and i pay for traffic (0,08 USD per meg), so i just cant afford myself do download fucked up mp3s with low quality :) Really, it was cool when Mr.V published the lyrics, it made my mind and imagination work harder & didn't break the whole process of waiting the album.
Mr.V, you've told us to focus on the blur... well, i thought that the idea of the album's title is that the blur is focusing itself. Could you, please, tell us a bit about the concept of the title&the idea of the whole album, though?

I have every CD in mp3 format on my computer simply because my CD player is crap and my computer speakers are awesome. I listen to music while playing games, so I need them to be on my hard drive while the game is in the CD drive.

asphyXy said:
I have every CD in mp3 format on my computer simply because my CD player is crap and my computer speakers are awesome. I listen to music while playing games, so I need them to be on my hard drive while the game is in the CD drive.
Almost all of them for me... My speakers are not awsome, but the CD player is a little far away from here, and my pc's cd player is almost "dying", i'm afraid he'll wreck my cds...

Vintersägen said:
Really? :Smug:

Seems a bit too pretencious to me...
Naaahhhh....don't get me wrong.....what I mean is that these type of threads all of a sudden usually turn into a discussion of what's right and wrong regarding downloading, instead of the origin issue. Lets talk about the album instead, that's what I mean.....the download discussion has already been taken up in other threads.....

mr V

Personnately, i use MP3 only to discover the new stuff of artist, new for having his complete work, then if i find that it sound good i buy the cd, for a better sound quality (u can that what u want, MP3 dont equals the cd quality, espescially in some low frequences...) and for the respect of the artist work. and u can benefit from the packaging, the lyrics...

Anyway, if u dont wanna use MP3 for discovering music, just go to the concerts, the bands in the first parts are there for that !
I see more and more people in my country that just arrive to the concerts only 5 minutes before the main band start, and never see the first bands or if they see them, they got no respect fot them. IMO those guys dont have any respect for music and work, and many of those f*$^ù think that music is a disposible thing, like hambugers so that why they used MP3 instead of original CD but i stop here that another debate....

But that s a fact, the CD are to expensive, even if the artist got to have a retribution, but the problem is that this part is very low in the price of a CD. Where is really go this money (manufacturer, producer, artist, promotion, etc...) and in which proportions, that will be a good question that need response ?