Just bought The Focusing Blur !!

have had the album for many months now... but never actually have had time to really listen to it.... maybe i should try dig it out from one of my boxes... (has moved alot latly)

I tend to divide Vintersorg albums into and 'old' category and a 'new'. Of the old stuff, Odemarkens Son is probably my favorite. Of the new, The Focusing Blur takes the cake. It is a rather crazy album, but that's part of its greatness. There are so many things going on, it's really hard to describe. And Vintersorg, you've got some crazy English. I mean that as a compliment.

This is definitely an album to listen to when you're in a thinking mood, I think, but it's also really emotional. There are some lyrics that really stand out in my mind, too, like these:

I'm sitting at a sunset, transfixed by the idea
That our cosmos may be just one out of many planes
Like all the raindrops in the end build the sea
But that's hardly what you think of when it rains...

Really, really good stuff; I find myself singing that a lot while I'm driving.
Everything about this album works for me, even the monologues (and it is very easy for monologues to ruin an album). Lars Nedland has a good speaking voice, if you will.

Vintersorg hasn't released an album yet that isn't either very good or great (that includes the wonderful Hedniskhjärtad), so keep it up man! Skål!

Mantraschism said:
This is definitely an album to listen to when you're in a thinking mood, I think, but it's also really emotional. There are some lyrics that really stand out in my mind, too, like these:

I'm sitting at a sunset, transfixed by the idea
That our cosmos may be just one out of many planes
Like all the raindrops in the end build the sea
But that's hardly what you think of when it rains...

Really, really good stuff; I find myself singing that a lot while I'm driving.
Everything about this album works for me, even the monologues (and it is very easy for monologues to ruin an album). Lars Nedland has a good speaking voice, if you will.

I agree wholeheartedly with this... Those particular lines stuck in my mind from the first time I heard them... The album is a great work of music as a whole and I can't have enough of it... And Asgeir's layout is truly inspiring. Keep it up and come visit Gothenburg soon!

Desciple of Decay said:
I agree wholeheartedly with this... Those particular lines stuck in my mind from the first time I heard them... The album is a great work of music as a whole and I can't have enough of it... And Asgeir's layout is truly inspiring. Keep it up and come visit Gothenburg soon!

Yeah your right there DOF! Except for one thing, it´s not Asgeir who has done the layout for the Focusing blur....!!