Just bought The Focusing Blur !!

I bought the album a few days ago as I stumbled upon it unexpectedly... I love it... Especially Dark Matter Mystery and A sphere in a sphere... Makes me feel less lonely with my crazy thesis... And, I have to compliment on the chaotic waltz-like parts of Artifacts of Chaos. I am bewitched. Anyways, I needed nothing more to make my life happier for a while...other then maybe a tourdate for Ottawa for once....

http://www.harsh-reality.com/
http://www.zaphodbeeblebrox.com/

contact infos for the local underground scene... and the coolest cosmic club around. Would it be a possibility?

I don't like the new album at all. It makes me cringe with unease. I didn't like VFtSG or Cosmic Genesis either. Yes I know I´m a dumb fuck who still buy the CDs. That will change however. Boycott starting..... now!

Please, come back to earth, put on your näverkont, fuck the English language and cosmos and breathe new life into Otyg once more.

David Å. said:
I don't like the new album at all. It makes me cringe with unease. I didn't like VFtSG or Cosmic Genesis either. Yes I know I´m a dumb fuck who still buy the CDs. That will change however. Boycott starting..... now!

Please, come back to earth, put on your näverkont, fuck the English language and cosmos and breathe new life into Otyg once more.
oh come on...the past is the past..we like to widen our perspectives and explore something new, why do Till Fjälls part VII..

mr V

I finally got it and DAMN! It's a mouthfull to swallow because it is very intense but IMO pure genius! I, too, love the older stuff but this is pure intense music that expands genres. Great job Mr. V!!

Sorry for the disgusting asskissing display but it needed to be said!!LOL

Vintersorg said:
oh come on...the past is the past..we like to widen our perspectives and explore something new, why do Till Fjälls part VII..

mr V
Hey, no disrespect to you or your right to artistic freedom etc. People in general seem to like the new material too, no doubt. So congrats to you in that regard (and to your new family). It's just that what you did with Otyg, and to a lesser degree with your first three Vintersorg releases, just grabbed me so completely and utterly on all levels. Your newer material does nothing for me.. I can't explain it otherwise.

Hmm, Holy Diver did NOT fit on "Sagovindars..." though! That was to me your first step in the "wrong direction". Then I feel sort of cheated on the third Otyg CD and I have serious doubts I'll ever come to terms with that, how strange it might sound. Yes I am a DIE HARD Otyg fan. Best band ever. Period.

mjollnir1965 said:
Okay....a few days later and I can not get this fucking CD out of my player! I can't explain it but this CD is almost hypnotic. Amazing shit man....that's all I can say! Could be CD of the year?

I've been doing that for over a month now, and I'm still doing that with the puppet master. I think the only thing that gets me to listen to another cd when I really like it, is the bands new release. I get into bands and make my way around to all thier releases. Vintersorg and Judas Priest are the two that are the worst, it's been years!

I don't give a fuck what anybody says about this cd, it is fucking awsome. I love it man the diversity, the variety, and the musical journey it is definately an epic one. I love the lyrics great lyrical concept. Vintersorg is breaking through boundries and barriers,he's doing something different than the norm. I can't stand the trendy norm, I can't stand when people expect something out of a band and they get what they expected. I like the shock factor take risks do something that has never been done before, that is what makes Vintersorg superior to other mindless musicians.

Alteredmindeath said:
I don't give a fuck what anybody says about this cd, it is fucking awsome. I love it man the diversity, the variety, and the musical journey it is definately an epic one. I love the lyrics great lyrical concept. Vintersorg is breaking through boundries and barriers,he's doing something different than the norm. I can't stand the trendy norm, I can't stand when people expect something out of a band and they get what they expected. I like the shock factor take risks do something that has never been done before, that is what makes Vintersorg superior to other mindless musicians.

I agree totally. It's good for a band to progress and grow, as long as that growth is for broadening your scope and not trying to sell out to a larger audience. I don't believe Mr V is doing the latter. I mean, this is not your mainstream metal. All those who are lashing out against the "new direction" of Mr V should at least thank the Gods that he isn't going the Nu Flames and the Selloutica route!

I was listening to Till Fjalls the other day right after listening to TFB. There are differences but the underlying foundation of the music is still there....it's just expanded on. I say keep up the good work Mr V!

Well, I've been listening to "The Focusing Blur", and listening and listening... And the more I listen, the more I'm sure that something is wrong, but I still don't know what it is... :erk: At first I thought that maybe i had a bad day, or maybe it's all because of my mood or maybe it's just a weather... :rolleyes: But not...

Whole album seems to be chaotic; a little piece of this; a little piece of that... Well, you know, everything is correct, but something is missing here. I don't know, maybe Mr. V had such an idea: Universe is one chaos in macroscale, but it consists of well-arranged things. And it's the same with an album. It has the same structure as clip Preview.mp3;

When I was listening to a mentioned above mp3 for the first time, I thought: "Wow, finally something ambitious. Is Vintersorg the last of non-commercial artist? 'Focusing' must be great". But hell, whole album sounds precisely the same as clip. Oh, yes it's longer a bit....

I think that previous albums were much peaceful and simultaneously they had more power and energy. "Focusing" has also a little "thrashy" climate and i'm not sure if i like it...
So I prefer "Visions..."

I haven't heard TFB yet (I'm planning to order it in the near future), but I can say only one - if it's nearly as good as VFTSG, it's great. I personally like the progression in the music, and I can say that Vintersorg's one of the rare artists where one can hear that. I like all the albums, from Till Fjälls to VFTSG. Vintersorg slowly reminds me of Death (another band I adore and appreciate very much) - they started by playing brutal death metal, and evolved into something you could call progressive metal without any questioning. But, they still kept the "Death"-like sound, and you can tell on every album that it's being played by Death. Noone else.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on the new album. I expect it will be great. I'm a big fan of progressive metal, and I like VFTSG so much because it has that touch of progressive in it.

Mr. V - biiiiiig respect and support. Thank you for such good music! I'm also looking forward to the new Borknagar album. I heard the new song and it sounds awesome.

Mr. V, I think it is awesome how you are progressing with each new album. It's good to see an artist that isn't afraid to try new things and move into different realms within the extreme music genre. I find it hard to actually classify your music, which in my opinion is a good thing. Keep up the amazing work!! :headbang: :worship:

hibernal_dream said:
It's a great album, but a little repetitive. The same vocal lines are repeated song after song.
You must have been listening to Sven Ingvars or something:loco: or even Geirmundur Valtýsson...

hibernal_dream said:
It's a great album, but a little repetitive. The same vocal lines are repeated song after song.
...what???????....I think every song bears it's own melodies...and if you actually look at it from a theoretical angle they are very split apart...but music is personal and that's great!!!

mr V

hibernal_dream said:

Öhh, what? Have you really listen to TFB? I mean, regardless what you think of the album, in a objective point of view the vocal lines are really really changing from song to song. Yes sir!
And Mr V, (know this is the wrong thread, but I´m lazy today), how is it going with the new homepage? Technical problems?

I got The Focusing Blur yesterday, and so far I love it. To me it's just an expansion on the ideas in VFTSG, and I think there reallly is a progression in the guitar playing, I like it a lot more. Less conventinal, more odd times, cooler melodies, I really like the guitars. I really like all the acoustic guitars also. If I had one request for the next album it would be for more piano parts, I really loved the ones on this album. Also, I think Vintersorg's voice has progressed, especially his clean vocals. Thanks for all the work and a great album mr V. :headbang: