Just bought The Focusing Blur !!

Just received Focusing Blur in the mail this week and Mr V I thank you for such a great cd and the effort put into this is great.

Fave songs at the moment are Dark Matter and Matrix Odyssey.

Oh and keep on the current path you are going down because every cd is getting better and better.

:hotjump: :headbang:

I got the album a few days ago and it's even better than I expected!

Visions... was my first Vintersorg album, I bought that on the day it was released - I really liked it, but it didn't click with me to 100% and I don't really know why, because I love progressive extreme metal with lots of weird and experimental stuff thrown in. But with TFB it's totally different, I already loved it after the first listen! Can't believe it took only one month to write all that stuff ;) And especially the bass caught my attention this time; it was already damn good on VFTSG, but this time it's just mindblowing...Steve D. is my new fave bassist now because of this album :)

I'm already looking forward to the next album...(especially looking forward to hearing some songs with swedish lyrics again ;)) You rule, Mr. V!

i did hear 5 songs of the focusing blur. i will , eventually buy it. all i could say for now is that its an interesting sequel to visions from the spiral generator. because , if you ask me , it could as well be called VFTSG2 , sounds exactly like it (not that is a bad thing).

OceanbarD said:
if you ask me , it could as well be called VFTSG2 , sounds exactly like it (not that is a bad thing).
...my thoughts exactly on first listen....but give the songs a few more spins and it won't sound too much like VFTSG anymore (and even if not - not a bad thing like you said :D )
I can only recommend to get the album......I'm playing it daily for something like 2 months and am still not sick of it :)

As long as the music keeps coming from within the soul and heart and not some producers mouth, it will be worthy stuff even if it does progress with new instruments etc... Vintersorg creates emotions and inner feeling with the music that a lot of bands can't pull off, and that to me is magic.

Alteredmindeath said:
As long as the music keeps coming from within the soul and heart and not some producers mouth, it will be worthy stuff even if it does progress with new instruments etc... Vintersorg creates emotions and inner feeling with the music that a lot of bands can't pull off, and that to me is magic.

You have a very good point, and I definetly agree with you.

One thing that kind of irks me is I know a few people who listened to The Focusing Blur once or twice and said it was terrible. So, I listened to it a couple times and I didn't like it as much as the other stuff, but then I read and analyzed the lyrics while listening to the tunes, and I've grown to absolutely love TFB. It just takes time to get used to a new album if you don't initally enjoy it.

Winterfall said:
You have a very good point, and I definetly agree with you.

One thing that kind of irks me is I know a few people who listened to The Focusing Blur once or twice and said it was terrible. So, I listened to it a couple times and I didn't like it as much as the other stuff, but then I read and analyzed the lyrics while listening to the tunes, and I've grown to absolutely love TFB. It just takes time to get used to a new album if you don't initally enjoy it.
That's the way you do it!

mr V

I am shocked, at first I thought the album was pretty good. Now after repeated listens I cannot get it out of my cd player. I have listened to it 3 times today all the while trying to study for finals next week. I definitely think its better than Visions. Dark Matter Mystery Blackbody Spectrum is such a cool song, can't get the chorus out of my head!

As an update of my listening to The Focusing Blur, I'm beginning to think that it has surpassed all of Mr V's work.. but its all good :)

But seriosuly, I'm listening to Curtains now.

I can't take the damn cd out, I did this with every other Vintersorg but now I'm serious I haven't listined to another for over two weeks. It's great and I'm not complaining but I don't want to sick of it. Any one else do that with a cd they really, really like? It's so good and different for a change.

Mr.V.........Thank you!

Finally i have my copy of The Focusing Blur...and it's great...i can't believe that this album is better than Visions....Di Giorgio and Mickelson are fabulous and all the songs are great...i love this musical complexity and maybe i'm crazy but i have heard in some song the Debussy influence..in every way beatiful work Mr.V i wait for your vocal masterpiece in Epic from Borknagar and maybe one day for a gig in italy.Thanks for the great music and the lyrical teaching:headbang:

I finally got my copy of TFB today in the mail. I've had time to listen to it exactly once so far, and I must say I like it a whole lot. I also think it has surpassed Visions just based on my first listen...

I concur with others who say this; I can tell this is one I'm going to have in my CD player for a long time as well.

Great job! :)

His Divine Shadow said:
I finally got my copy of TFB today in the mail. I've had time to listen to it exactly once so far, and I must say I like it a whole lot. I also think it has surpassed Visions just based on my first listen...

I concur with others who say this; I can tell this is one I'm going to have in my CD player for a long time as well.

Great job! :)
Cool!!

mr V

Devourer said:
Hey Mr. V , reply to my topic please !! Or delete it :p

"Hey mr. V, ever done any of these songs live?" <-- that one :p
we'll do some new songs live, during the festivals that we're scheduled for this summer.

mr V

Mr. V I really enjoy the new disc... I started listening to your music when you joined borkie, and though the old stuff hasnt grown on me too much, VFTSG and now TFB have spellbound me. Microscopical.. is such a great tune. Classy.

I got my copy of The Focusing Blur in the mail yesterday and immediately listened to it three times through, once while reading the lyrics. When I first heard "The Essence" I knew I was in for a ride. A little bit odd at first as I haven't heard Visions from the Spiral Generator to help see the progression from Cosmic Genesis, but soon I was getting into it. I've probably listened to it seven or eight times already and its just a great record. Basically all the songs are great, especially Matrix Odyssey, A Microscopical Macrocosm, Blindsight Complexity, Dark Matter Mystery and Curtains. Great work mr. V!

I was suprised, but you know it grew on me, they are way too much vocal tracks on the album, but I enjoyed the album reguardless, it was somthing new and refreshing. They just keep refreshing their style in odd but great ways.

i bought the focusing blur finally. i did listen to it a couple of times (many to be precise) and it still sounds like VFTSG but as we agreed , its not a bad thing. in fact , now that i got deeper into it , id say its better than visions.
just like odemarkens son followed till fjalls , TFB does perfect the established formula of its previous album. to resume it all in a simple sentence : yet again another piece of pure genius from the master this is Vintersorg.