Just bought The Focusing Blur !!

I just got it today, damn it is weird! I love it! My favourite song at the moment is "Artifacts of Chaos"...very nice usage of the keys/synths :)

Caelum Adustum said:
I just got it today, damn it is weird! I love it! My favourite song at the moment is "Artifacts of Chaos"...very nice usage of the keys/synths :)
Glad you like it!

mr V

I just got my copy yesterday in the mail along with the Opeth DVD (which is fantastic btw, the documentary in particular rules all). Really liking the new Vintersorg, its very difficult to get into but thats the kind of mood I'm in currently so its working out well, "The Essence" is a great great song.

Vintersorg - ever consider documenting/filming the recording session of an album for possible release? I know the guys in Opeth just had their friends record their documentary so it was very cheap to make.

Damn, I love it :).

A few questions though...

The lyrics in Matrix Odessey contains:

"A voyage in science and fate
To disrobe the acceleration from zero
To dive into it and investigate,
Terrifies even the bravest hero"

However, on the song itself the line "Terrifies even the bravest hero" is never sung, is that correct?

Anyhow, AWESOME work V, real sweet...damn I love The Essence...

Alteredmindeath said:
Trance Locater is my favorite song on that album I listen to it in the morning 2or3 times to wake my ass up for work, even tho its a short song I would love to hear that live.
Don't mind me guys , I still havent got my copy of Focusing Blur so I havent heard it yet I was refering to Spiral Generator my bad.....

I'm sorry but I just have to post again...

I'm afraid Mr.v, that this is by far the best Album produced as of yet; I love your intellectual reasoning around life, cosmos and existence.

I have been a faithful listener of your music for numerous years now, and still I have not yet encountered another artist that deals with these questions or subjects. Your work is admirable.

I have now completly listened through the entire record and it is simply brilliant. I'm curious as of how you see upon life in a general and normal situation, if the admiration and questioning is present even there.

All I can say is keep the good work up, as I know there's more records to be expected this year ;). My respect goes out to you then V! You aced the creation.

I wonder if it will come to Estonia?
And another question to the Vintersorg members... Will wintersorg visit Estonia during the Focusing Blur tour?

i just got it a few days ago. It is very different i must say and so far it has been very enjoyable to listen to. Very unique and spontaneous! Love it! I cant wait to memorize the songs.

station82o said:
I just got my copy yesterday in the mail along with the Opeth DVD (which is fantastic btw, the documentary in particular rules all). Really liking the new Vintersorg, its very difficult to get into but thats the kind of mood I'm in currently so its working out well, "The Essence" is a great great song.

Vintersorg - ever consider documenting/filming the recording session of an album for possible release? I know the guys in Opeth just had their friends record their documentary so it was very cheap to make.
at the moments no such plans exists

Got my record today..I've listened through it a few times and it is definatly not my cup of tea. It is continuing in the same track as VOTSG. I like the melodic and harmonic Vintersorg with traditional song composing. I find that in Otyg and the earlier Vintersorg albums. The old stuff were brilliant and wonderful!
I just can't cope with this psycedelic and way too progressive stuff, I guess I'm not a "modernism-guy" who likes that everything is chaos and fucked up and find the true art in this, but I like the old fashion way of arranging songs. The romance in the music is gone..I just can't find a harmoni in this new stuff(exept from some parts..) But in an overall, sorry...

I'm also wondering on a thing,
are you able to sing as deep as you did before, Vintersorg?(Thinking of Svältvinter, Vildmarkens Förtrollande Stämmor etc.) It sounds like you're pressing your voice to the maximum when singing as high as you do now. It's not comfortable listening to. I find your voice much more attractive and wonderful when your leadvocal is deeper...then it's magic!!!

Ok, this was a lot of shitty words(you may choose not to read it or care at all, I understand that...), but this is also from a very dedicated fan a few years ago, which have seen an artist totally turned into another musical direction...

Futhark said:
Got my record today..I've listened through it a few times and it is definatly not my cup of tea. It is continuing in the same track as VOTSG. I like the melodic and harmonic Vintersorg with traditional song composing. I find that in Otyg and the earlier Vintersorg albums. The old stuff were brilliant and wonderful!
I just can't cope with this psycedelic and way too progressive stuff, I guess I'm not a "modernism-guy" who likes that everything is chaos and fucked up and find the true art in this, but I like the old fashion way of arranging songs. The romance in the music is gone..I just can't find a harmoni in this new stuff(exept from some parts..) But in an overall, sorry...

I'm also wondering on a thing,
are you able to sing as deep as you did before, Vintersorg?(Thinking of Svältvinter, Vildmarkens Förtrollande Stämmor etc.) It sounds like you're pressing your voice to the maximum when singing as high as you do now. It's not comfortable listening to. I find your voice much more attractive and wonderful when your leadvocal is deeper...then it's magic!!!

Ok, this was a lot of shitty words(you may choose not to read it or care at all, I understand that...), but this is also from a very dedicated fan a few years ago, which have seen an artist totally turned into another musical direction...
Muisc is personal and everybody have their taste, but the songstructires are more basic than ever on the new album, the instrumentation though may be a innovative in a way....we really love the album ourselves. And we've never had an album containing this much acoustic guitar

mr V

m

@ Futhark: I do understand how you feel although I don't really share your feelings for the most part. I recently listened through the whole Vintersorg catalogue in a row and to me it feels as if this is not the same band anymore. The progression doesn't exactly appear "logical" to me, luckily I have no problem with it anyway. As much as I love the old stuff and its atmosphere, musically Vintersorg today is so much better. I totally dig the new direction but I agree on the vocal thing. I'm also much more fond of the deeper vox.....but I guess mr V had to adapt his vocal style to the new direction in music. Your bad you don't like it :/

...and about that DVD: our bad no such plan exists. TIme to make plans I'd say ;)

Im glad that the new vintersorg is very psychedelic and almost "hard" to get in to. Ive been in need of a very different album for a while and Vintersorg DEFINATELY has surpassed my expectations, regardless of the band's previous material.

I am kinda happy with the way Vintersorg has taken the music so far. I feel Odemarkens Son is a perfect album and really don't feel more albums in this vein are necessary. I have to say I listen to VFTSG way more than OS or TF even though I like the earlier stuff better. Maybe because I have to be in more of a certain mood to listen to my favorites, but VSTSG is a very intersting album, and Andreas vocals are still top notch, plus there are still hints of the older stuff in the music especially on The Focusing Blur. So far I have listened to TFB twice and enjoy it quite a bit!

Can anyone tell me the price variations of the focusing blur in Sweden... I have a friend going there and i'll tell her to buy a copy. Just need to know the price now.