The Food Thread.

Christmas baking, 1st leg:

img2452k.jpg

More to come next week or so.

Why does the expectance of snow during the next weeks annoy me as hell, but the thought of Raclette and christmas bakery make me happy :err: ?

I used to do Christmas baking all year long when I was in high school. I had no idea what most of the shit I was smoking was laced with. It's just awesome getting a ride home from a friends house, then waking up, seeing your car is gone, and realizing you drove it to your friends house night earlier.

Christmas baking, 1st leg:

img2452k.jpg

More to come next week or so.

Why does the expectance of snow during the next weeks annoy me as hell, but the thought of Raclette and christmas bakery make me happy :err: ?

This isn't christmas food. this is mutated dick food. It looks delicious though, if I didn't hate eating cookies that is.

It's fucking OCTOBER.
I know :D
This isn't christmas food. this is mutated dick food. It looks delicious though, if I didn't hate eating cookies that is.
Lucky you! I love cookies way too much :cry:
And yeah, isn't christmas food really, we usually start eating them from mid/end of november on, and there's just a handful left at christmas. Who wants to eat leftovers round new years eve :p

Currently eating toasted baguette slices with butter, also have sweet-potato mash with maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon, then I topped it with nutmeg.

steamed asparagus, steak, and onions cooked in steak fat and sherry :D.

Asparagus is awesome! We eat the same goddamn thing, except mine is bland because I don't even take my time to eat or cook anything, if it's raw or cold I'll eat it anyway. I'm gonna poison myself eventually.

I'm the same way, food is fuel so I will eat any shit no matter how it is prepared, whether cold, hot, blended, raw, whatever... only time I will actually make effort towards a meal is for dinner or other times where there is a meanng for the meal (friends, etc).

I worked really hard making a chocolate mousse, got really upset it didnt mix right, put it in the fridge anyway (figured at worst it was going to be a mix of creme, sugar, chocolate and egg whites)...looked at it today, set almost perfectly. The chocolate was too cold and had some chunks, but all in all, was awesome.

fyi, Leandro knows nothing about barbecue, other than *take meat put on fire*.
Damn 3rd worlders.

I'll follow the guy with the bbq pit hitched to his pickup truck and eat whatever he cooks. Those tail gate parties are fucken sweeeet.

:lol:!

I made doughnuts today :D! First time deep frying anything, was ballin'.
Carrot soup made the chefs cringe, way too much salt, and way too much ginger :p I liked it, but after 4-5 bites your throat was on fire.

Sour Creme Sauce

Take a shallot. Sweat it in a pan with salt and white pepper.
deglaze with white wine, reduce au sec.
add about 0.5L Chicken stock, reduce by half.
Strain out shallots, add about equal part creme to stock, and a dash of lemon juice, stir well.
Let creme reduce slightly, and add in 2 generous tbsp of Sour creme, and yoghurt each.
let reduce until sauce thickens to right consistency.

Don't I sound fancy?
(au sec = until dry, so to let evaporate)

Chicken Farse

Finely chop about 1/4 to 1/2 an onion (depending on size). Sweat and season.
Deglaze with white wine, reduce au sec, add in some chopped parsley.
Take away from heat, and add in diced bread (we used cubes of wonderbread slices)
let cool
Take chicken breast, remove the small tenderloin-ish peice, chop that up and add to your onions/bread
Take to a food processor, add in 1/2 an egg white, and splash of heavy creme.

Chicken Doria
Prepare some boiling water
Take rest of chicken breast, Lay it between two peices of saran wrap.
beat it flat with meat hammer.
take your farse, and spoon it over the flat chicken.
Roll it up, with the plastic wrap. Make sure its tight, and tie the ends off.
Wrap in another layer of tinfoil.
Drop into boiling water, and then bring the water down to simmer.

Cut up some cucumber, drop into boiling water for about 2 minutes, then sautee them.
spoon sauce onto your plate, when your chicken is done, slice it up nice and put on your saucy plate with some cucumbers.

Over cooked my chicken slightly. My thermometer isn't calibrated, apparently, but this dish is fucking tasty, and is actually incredibly easy to make. The sauce tastes like a baked potato without a potato.

^ That sour creme looks nice and a bit weird for me, might try it once, I mostly just mix smetana and joghurt with onions/garlic/spices

Pancakes made out of cornflour

1.jpg

2.jpg