The Food Thread.

This is what happens when you discuss food on a metal forum, the discussion circles around ass and shit and vomit.
:lol: :lol: !!!

+1 to coffee = shit, mom agrees. :lol: But apparently even awfuler, more violent, more sudden, more nightmarely symptoms occur when plum marmalade and water. :lol: Though it makes sense, even by the sound of it. :lol:

This is what happens when you discuss food on a metal forum, the discussion circles around ass and shit and vomit.

I :lol:'d

Anyway, my roommate didn't know how to cut an onion and I was much much too lazy to go upstairs and show her.

So I made this.

onions.png

Imporatnt note for step 3, do NOT cut all the way through, you want the onion to still be somewhat together at that pint, the sideways cuts in step 4 are to break apart the root in the center.

Protip: Cut with the root facing you for less tears.

Anyone else experience this? With other beverages?

I have cereal first thing in the morning and get a similar reaction within 15 minutes but not really explosive. I then shower and off to work. It works well for me as I prefer to go to the toilet before showering than after.

Coffee is a stimulant and diuretic so I can see having it first thing on an empty stomach will probably stimulate your bowels (dhurrp) and it possibly even triggers some of your 4F response. Fight, Flight, Fright, F*ck, where the nervous system rapidly empties the bowels for a quick/light flight. Hot water is also known to stimulate bowel movement so the warm liquid would also have effect.

Being a diuretic it is dehydrating you and the liquid evacuations you describe is your bowels expelling a quick mass of water, this will lead to constipation if you don't intake water soon enough.

I don't recommend using coffee as a laxative, it may have that effect if you have water in your system but if you're constipated avoid it as it will only make it worse.

s

I have cereal first thing in the morning and get a similar reaction within 15 minutes but not really explosive. I then shower and off to work. It works well for me as I prefer to go to the toilet before showering than after.

Quite healthy. Basically, you're putting new nutrients into your body, and then your body signals you to get rid of the old shit (literally).

N.O. Xplode has a shit ton pf Magnesium Glycerophosphate in it, and that right there is a stool softener. Nothing like shitting before, during and after a workout.

Quite healthy. Basically, you're putting new nutrients into your body, and then your body signals you to get rid of the old shit (literally).

Yeah, I'll believe that, the fibre also has a laxative effect, no doubt.

Growing up my family were never big on fried breakfasts so I can't really stomach hot food in the mornings. Cereals have always been the go, I can't handle plain milk (vomited on it as a young kid and have never had it plain since) and usually have it low fat and add chocolate 'Sustagen Sport' powder. Sometimes I'll have cereal with fruit yoghurt instead particularly if I'm at a hotel to avoid the hassle with asking for low fat milk and flavouring.

Avoid most commercial corn flakes, etc. Next time you're in a store look at the sodium information for corn flakes then compare it with a packet of chips. You'll find more salt per 100g of corn flakes than per 100g of chips. Why don't corn flakes taste salty? They add so much sugar to mask it. Coincidentally they've also found a McDonalds milk shake has more salt/weight than their fries.

In Australia they surveyed all the big name cereals and the only healthy cereals were Weet-Bix, Vita Wheat (both wheat biscuits) and Sultana Bran just scraped into the top 3. The rest were considered almost junk food. I'm not sure if they analysed oats/porridge which is also quite good with a low GI.

s

In Australia they surveyed all the big name cereals and the only healthy cereals were Weet-Bix, Vita Wheat (both wheat biscuits) and Sultana Bran just scraped into the top 3.

Fuck yeah Weet-Bix (it's called Weetabix here but eh, no difference) a true man's breakfast.

N.O. Xplode has a shit ton pf Magnesium Glycerophosphate in it, and that right there is a stool softener. Nothing like shitting before, during and after a workout.

I don't know what that is, but I've been drinking this delicious Costco-brand chocolate whey while jaw heals. With raspberries, its fantastic. My roommate has 4 different kinds of protein powders now. Whey, casian, rice, and soy. :/

It's the most harmful preworkout drinker ever manufactured. Side effects range from diarrhea to mitochondrial DNA damage from the overload of nitric oxide. Whey is good right after a workout and casein is preferred right before bed, but you knew that already. never tried the rice, soy, or pea brotein before.

Rice tastes like an after-Mandarin-shit. Its 80% protein and the rest is carbs, so he drinks it pre-workout. I avoid it, and just to milk, yogurt, whey and fruit.

Related note, I weighed in for the first time in months and I'm coming back up to 190 D: fucking havn't worked out in months and been eating like pure shit, fucking creme sauces and shit. Back to 1500 cal a day of high protein lean shit, and back tot he gym every morning once my antibiotics are done.

I don't know too much about the optimal body building diets (never actually tested as I'm definitely not a body builder) but always wondered how the trend of protein/creatine powders started somewhere but still looks like people who don't use them get the same results with just milk and bananas and stuff.. some like to say the powders will end up killing your liver and are just business. But I'd like to think they should make recovery faster at least.

I do use that powder stuff sometimes (occasional periods when I go to gym regularly) but usually settle with some banana and 0,5 - 1l of milk (with organic cacao and maca root) and I use hemp seeds, sesame seeds (and some other 'superfoods'.. virgin coconut oil, pollen, goji berries 'n all that) for boost and experiment with versatile smoothies.

It's a bitch trying to get more muscle and lose the half inch thick beer belly over the abs at the same time /= I'm trying to find a balanced way instead of going three weeks on plus calories and two weeks on minus.. Should maybe look more into that and not just do shit that's useless.

wondered how the trend of protein/creatine powders started

They do help to a point, I found creatine to work best and you need to take the pure stuff and mix with 5 parts glucose powder/crystals.

Don't fall for the ads the bodybuilders endorse, they're all on massive amounts of steroids.

I don't use any powders these days just natural good food and yes it is hard to stick to a strict diet. The 3weeks on off stuff just sound like another trendy diet, I recall one where you didn't eat carbs at night - made no difference and another where you separate carbs from proteins - just as useless.

It's a bitch trying to get more muscle and lose the half inch thick beer belly over the abs at the same time
I hear ya.

To slim down, the latest research says food intake is more crucial than exercise and the best slimming training is to do aerobic exercise with short intermittent bouts of faster and harder.

You can do that on a treadmill, etc. but I'd recommend something way more interesting - martial arts classes in between days of weights because you stress while performing the technique then rest while the instructor is showing examples....and you gain balance, co-ordination, more self confidence than bodybuilding will give you, the list goes on.

s

They do help to a point, I found creatine to work best and you need to take the pure stuff and mix with 5 parts glucose powder/crystals.

Interesting.

To slim down, the latest research says food intake is more crucial than exercise and the best slimming training is to do aerobic exercise with short intermittent bouts of faster and harder.

Hmm. There's this chick at the gym I go to, every god blessed time I visit the place she's doing the same fucking cardio machine for like a couple hours, where you kind of wave your legs and hands standing up. Why not do something more versatile. The body gets used to it.

You can do that on a treadmill, etc. but I'd recommend something way more interesting - martial arts classes in between days of weights because you stress while performing the technique then rest while the instructor is showing examples....and you gain balance, co-ordination, more self confidence than bodybuilding will give you, the list goes on.

Definitely the best hobby physically and spiritually. And if one does only gym workout, I'd recommend going to swim once a week for all-round excercise and positive mind. But ma in between weight lifting days can result in blood veins snapping in the ma practices and some severe lactic acid(?) attacks (especially shoulders, elbows..) in case you've not recovered in time.