The Gaming Thread

So far Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning really reminds me of Fable meets Diablo. It seriously looks and feels like a Fable game but it's more complex and has a nice Ability tree to play with as well as Skill sets and "Destinies" to build your character. I don't really see much Elder Scrolls resemblance as people were saying but it's still a fairly deep game so far. The Combat isn't as visceral or intense as some action games but it's still really good, and the RPG aspect allows for a wide variety of moves and special attacks gained through one of the three skill trees.

You can go with Sorcery, Might or Finesse which are obviously Mage, Warrior, Rogue. However the Ability tree's are large enough (and not everything is connected so you can grab certain ones) that you can mix and match weapon styles, special attacks and magic attacks very quickly in mid combat, making for some very badass battles. So far I've been focusing on Warrior skills, with a little Magic to keep things interesting. I don't care for the archery system in Amalur at all though which is a shame, I'm usually a fan of that stuff. The Finesse tree I think I will play around with next character and focus solely on it, the dagger melee is fast and fun but I don't want to spread my ability points too thin with all 3 skill trees.

Holy fuck dude, I never realized until watching this just how incredible of a job the animation team did here. That shit probably wouldn't strike most people as impressive but there are a shitload of variables to be considered in some of that stuff.

Until now I wasn't watching Max Payne 3 that closely despite loving the first 2. For some reason I didn't have much faith in it, problem solved.

man max payne 3 looks fucking awesome, i had my doubts but shit that looks great

nice im definitely picking up amalur first sale (gotta watch my spending for now...)

Lucky me I have a friend that has Amalur that I will borrow once hes done with it.

I will be buying Max Payne though. Looks like the lack of Sam Lake wont effect this at all.

I played BF3 last night WTF is up with everyone running the FAMAS? Everyone loves this gun.

Holy fuck dude, I never realized until watching this just how incredible of a job the animation team did here. That shit probably wouldn't strike most people as impressive but there are a shitload of variables to be considered in some of that stuff.

Until now I wasn't watching Max Payne 3 that closely despite loving the first 2. For some reason I didn't have much faith in it, problem solved.

Thats because up until not it looked extremely generic, and looked like it simply wasn't getting much dev attention.

^thats how i always assumed sweden was :p

Lucky me I have a friend that has Amalur that I will borrow once hes done with it.

I will be buying Max Payne though. Looks like the lack of Sam Lake wont effect this at all.

I played BF3 last night WTF is up with everyone running the FAMAS? Everyone loves this gun.

haha people love that gun, i got the 500 kills for the master tag, not a big fan. it tends not to have great range and the auto fire has a lot of spread.

Auto fire having a lot of spread = a lot of people using a gun typically online. Most people don't have good enough aim / too high of lag to use something that doesn't 'accidently' slightly compensate for that.

yes i did! he gets behind them and they all happen to line up perfect. haha 5 is the max too.

most ive ever done is 3 on hardcore, close enough that a body shot counted and so it went through a head and two bodies. i get 2 now and again but its fairly rare.

4 more guns left and ill have 500 kills for the master dogtag for every recon weapon :D