The Gaming Thread

Doesn't apply, precision between equal level players will always be better on PC, which directly applies to the FPS formula. Its really as easy as that.

i started FPS games on console (doom on snes, and goldeneye/perfect dark etc on n64....arguably the worst controller ever :p). play with the ps2 controller and love it, played gamecube with 2-3 different joystick setups and my sister and i played like 600 hours of timesplitters 2 haha (best FPS last gen easily).

i still prefer Keyboard and mouse. i dont know how universally appliable it is, but i like using WASD to move, and having all the surrounding buttons that i can map and remap to whatever i want. plus my mouse has two extra buttons on it, which is use to rapidly switch to "far away weapons". for instance in BF3 i map my third and fourth weapon slots to my mouse. so at any point i can switch to RPG or instantly deploy ammo/meds instead of reacing for 3/4 or using the unreliable mouse wheel :).

plus aiming with a mouse just feels right. customization is the deciding factor for me, once youre good with everything you can pick a favorite to stick to (i apply that to games also :p, 16 guns in BF3 with over 500 kills for the master dogtags, means if i run out of ammo i can pick up anyone elses kit and still be competant)

No one can dispute that a Mouse + Keyboard setup is the superior configuration for an FPS.

It would be hilarious to put X-Box 360 players in the same server as PC players if it were possible.

Jason was just trying to gloat about being superior in games he 1) Played months before I touched and 2)Binged on harder than I binged on WoW in college. ;)

This will be the last time I buy a game from Gamestop in there store. If I buy a game "New" I suggest you give me a wrapped copy, and not go fiddle in a drawer and get the game out and put it into said open box. I will buy there stuff online from now on if I need to get preorder exclusive content. Not only that you broke a clamp that holds the disc down on the box. This is unacceptable!!!!! Why does the new games look worse than a used copy. Oh and there should be a policy that they cant accept games that smell like cigarette smoke.

yeah gamestop is bad for that, try estarland.com. i order most of my games from their, cheap, huge selection, ships to canada (quickly, like 1-2weeks) and the sell that new system that plays nes, snes and genesis games :p

I haven't play a lot of games as story-centric as Alan Wake, and I've never seen it presented in the way that Alan Wake presents a story...but that doesn't mean the story is anything new :p