The Gaming Thread

And not letting anyone steal it at that! What would be better is upon such a mishap, you discover that the vendor is selling your items, and you have to track down people that stole / bought your inventory. Drunken night mod. Someone get on making this a reality.

:lol: omg tales series, tales of symphonia was like one of the best games ever. but yeah i agree, i can see how innovation is good, but there are still plenty of us jacking off to final fantasy 6 7 8 and sometimes 9, just give us another one of those and make things like 12 and 13 a new series, or final fantasy presents. im not saying those games shouldnt exist, just that they are not what many of the fans who grew up with and still play want out of the series.
given that i hear ff13 is actually quite good once you get past the first like 30 hours of linearity.

:lol:! @ warmaiden dragon bones hahahaha

THANK YOU. No one ever talks about 12...I only hear about 7. I dumped well over 100 hours into 12 twice, and I've been thinking about a third go.

yeah man i actually enjoyed setting each character's gambits and priorities, as well as being able to switch and directly control someone anytime. also, chaining limit breaks was fun. there was a bit of waiting for turns but it didn't really bother me. the story/characters may not have been as compelling as 7 but they were interesting enough and the gameplay made up for it.

now 13, oh my god, what an awful experience that was. endless linear corridors, boring-ass gameplay (you can simply click auto-battle and the game will choose the best actions for you, you only control 1 character, the other 2 are AI and you just have to change their roles once in awhile), story/characters you don't give a shit about... even the "open world" part is linear in terms of its objectives, you just have a bigger area that's all.

I fucking LOVE Borderlands, but none of my friends seemed to think it was as awesome as I do, and they are too bored to play it now. I could play that game all fucking day. lol

man you live in canada though, get them assholes stoned and youve got a party for a good 6 months, and the best part is....every time you turn the system on you can never remember who or what you were playing as.

seriously, i was playing as the girl the entire time, took me months before i could conjure this information up. every time i was like wtf why would i choose the girl, and every time i find out that i made her a speed demon, the destroyer of worlds :lol:

the guy who goes into rage mode, gains massive regen and punches stuff was the best

maybe, i find these things are impossible to set up and stick to though. no one wants to organise, so we just randomly ask each other at inconvenient times and eventually we all just beat it seperately

too long a game but ok im in