The Gaming Thread

any of you guys play eternal darkness for gamecube? i know i know, but i like nintendo systems. anyway, one of the best horror games i ever played. best part was you would start go insane as you saw more monsters, so you could randomly see shit, walls bleeding, creepy people, pictures looking at you etc. sometimes you would walk into a room and you would be surrounded and die and the game was all lol just kidding bro you still alive.

combat was tight too, R to target and up left right to aim to head/arms

i gotta try amnesia, the no guns made me doubt it :lol:.

No weapons is the best part! It's TRULY a survival horror game (the operative term is survival :lol:). It's freaky as shit. I've quit from stress the last couple nights.

I don't quite understand how some people were THAT freaked out by Amnesia, but I will say it is hands down one of the scariest games I've played. I don't think any level of scariness in a game could make me unable to push on though, the nervous sneaking is the best part. The thrill is the very reason I want to keep going.

@Niki, don't let the no gun thing throw you off, it's in first person but the idea is not to go into it with a shooter mindset, it's meant to be a game of exploration and mystery and chairs that scare the shit out of you. That's part of why it's scary, you are forced to be careful and at least somewhat thoughtful, and when you are sneaking about it just pulls you further into the game.

I love it when I'm in any game where I'm running my ass of for the door and I KNOW there is something right on my ass but I don't even have time to look. The feeling of something closing in on you makes it almost suffocating the closer you get to the door.

It was a common occurrence in the STALKER games when your gun broke or jammed, or maybe you just ran out of ammo (part of it's survival horror aspect is the lack of resources) and a glowing pair of eyes comes flying around the corner and all you can do is run like a motherfucker.

Well I've played quite a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur and I have to say I am completely satisfied with it. Mixing up Chakrams (man do they make you feel badass) with swords and magic seamlessly complete with cool combo's and special moves made combat very fun and varied, plus you can respec to gain access to something new if you don't like a certain weapon setup. If the Fable series had continued in the vein of Fable 1(the only true gem of the 3), this is what I think you would get but better.

Anyways totally happy I played it, if I had a complaint it's that there could have been more choices to make, generally the main story moves along a very linear path, and you can see most of the content with a single play through. There are a fuckton of side quests but the faction quests are the only ones that really deliver, although with 6 faction storylines it still has plenty to do.

I played a bit of the demo, I couldn't get into it...not that it was bad, it seems awesome. I don't know, I just had trouble picking up the story I think.

im gonna get KoA as soon as it's on sale, been keeping a close eye on your reviews belac. thanks for the update on amnesia, sounds like it might be pretty cool.

haha i saw a couple videos, and theyre all unwatchable due to the person playing them. haha i cant stand hearing a grown man scream :lol:, especially when i feel like theyre exaggerating. although it does look exceedingly scary, so ill give it a shot :p.

If amnesia had the player base size that the CoD games have, I can ensure you that there would of been many news stories of people bludgeoning someone that walked up on them while playing the game.

Chuck+Norris.gif

I'm playing Minecraft again. What a great game. I am still building in the first world I started in, things have gotten quite epic