The Gaming Thread

QXqR1.jpg

Do you guys think we will ever see the end to physical data like the end of games on disk? I for one hope that if we go down this path there will be some sort of warranty that will protect us from having to re buy a game if a hard drive crashes.

They better get rid of DRM like that joke of DRM that Microsoft has.

If not I will protest.

i think as far as PC games go it will be all digital from now on, cuts out "used sales" and it offers a cheap way to support the industry. and yea steam is awesome.

i still hope they release consoles though. i love having a gameboy for trips, and it is also fun to be able to have friends over for some smash bros. playing BF3 with friends online is fun, but it would be cool to do stuff in real life as well.

I'm pretty certain PC as a general rule is purely digital gamers these days. There are a few who slag behind, but otherwise thats what it has become.

Adam, what I meant by steam has that covered is that when you purchase something on steam or register it with them you will be able to uninstall it and come back and re install/download it at anytime, as it is tied to your account.

Too bad there isnt a theater mode like on COD and Halo games I have had some moments where I wanted to share that stuff.

not sure exactly what you mean, but i prefer the killcam in COD to the "look who just killed you" cam in BF3. i like when you get to see an expert shot rather than sit and steam about how you can tell some guy just waited for you to swing by

found a knife only server, that was some madness. went MVP twice though :D. great way to get melee/revive ribbons.

not sure exactly what you mean, but i prefer the killcam in COD to the "look who just killed you" cam in BF3. i like when you get to see an expert shot rather than sit and steam about how you can tell some guy just waited for you to swing by

found a knife only server, that was some madness. went MVP twice though :D. great way to get melee/revive ribbons.

He means games that include in game recordings of matches that you can edit and share online. Basically something anyone can do with any pc game.