The Gaming Thread

It's doable, I'm doing it now :lol: I also never played the first Mass Effect, I just read a synopsis and picked up the rest of the story as Mass Effect 2 went on.

I hadn't heard anything about Risen 2 yet, I'll read some reviews nowish.

Is anyone else going to be checking out Prototype 2? It comes out today and my guess is that it's going to be badass. The first had plenty of things wrong with it, but the core gameplay was fucking awesome and gave you a sense of power that no other game does. It's the closest thing to being a super-powered being out there and the sequel promises to fix the shortcoming of the first, they are even taking advantage of those shortcomings.

One of the biggest complaints about Prototype was the lack of good storytelling, and a protagonist that most definitely more of an evil sociopathic monster than a relatable or even redeemable character. They try to give him a conscience, and then you proceed to kill the shit out of everyone and everything, so in turn they've made him the bad guy for the sequel which puts the character back in a proper context. Of course I doubt this new character will be much more redeemable considering how the game works, still it fixes that problem and actually makes it work for the series. Still, my guess is the new character story will end up taking a backseat to the crazy action.

Now if they can just fix the problems with the game world (mainly bad collision detection with Pedestrians adn vehicles which both felt tacked on and shallow) I'm sold.

It's doable, I'm doing it now :lol: I also never played the first Mass Effect, I just read a synopsis and picked up the rest of the story as Mass Effect 2 went on.

I hadn't heard anything about Risen 2 yet, I'll read some reviews nowish.

That's worse than Witcher in terms of continuity. Mass Effect games were MEANT to follow eachother, you're missing out on some of the most important core decisions and elements by skipping the first. It's one occasion where you are truly missing out, some games can be skipped but Mass Effect is probably the worst series to do that in, that I can think of.

Yeah, I totally couldn't even play ME 2 without importing my save. I was like fuck? I DIDN'T KILL THOSE PEOPLE! D: It's really mental if you don't keep your own choices. So much so it ruined it totally for me.

Is anyone else going to be checking out Prototype 2? It comes out today and my guess is that it's going to be badass. The first had plenty of things wrong with it, but the core gameplay was fucking awesome and gave you a sense of power that no other game does. It's the closest thing to being a super-powered being out there and the sequel promises to fix the shortcoming of the first, they are even taking advantage of those shortcomings.

One of the biggest complaints about Prototype was the lack of good storytelling, and a protagonist that most definitely more of an evil sociopathic monster than a relatable or even redeemable character. They try to give him a conscience, and then you proceed to kill the shit out of everyone and everything, so in turn they've made him the bad guy for the sequel which puts the character back in a proper context. Of course I doubt this new character will be much more redeemable considering how the game works, still it fixes that problem and actually makes it work for the series. Still, my guess is the new character story will end up taking a backseat to the crazy action.

Now if they can just fix the problems with the game world (mainly bad collision detection with Pedestrians adn vehicles which both felt tacked on and shallow) I'm sold.

ME, prototype came out at the same time as infamous, and yet got no attention. the gameplay was a lot more messy, but the game itself was so tight. it could have been twice as glitchy and unresponsive and i would have still loved it.
i am thinking ill wait for a price drop for prototype 2, although the first one is still like 25$ :lol:. but i am definitely picking it up. i dont know a thing about it, but if it is like the reviews ive been reading (like the first but better) than im already sold :)

Yeah, I totally couldn't even play ME 2 without importing my save. I was like fuck? I DIDN'T KILL THOSE PEOPLE! D: It's really mental if you don't keep your own choices. So much so it ruined it totally for me.

yes i cant enjoy a sequel until ive played the first. mass effect 1 looks like shit now, but in many ways it was superior to the second (much more rpg focused).

The first Prototype was fun for about five hours, then the gameplay caved in on itself. The second one looks vastly improved but I won't buy it for full price.

The first Prototype was fun for about five hours, then the gameplay caved in on itself. The second one looks vastly improved but I won't buy it for full price.

This. It suffered from great redundancy. Some fucking amazing ideas and mechanics but they couldn't follow through enough throughout for me to fully support the game.

The second one looks remarkably samey to me.

i never had trouble with prototypes gameplay, although i tend to not notice glitches and stuff if im having fun. i do remember it not being as tight as it should have been though.

portal 2 ive been meaning to co-op with someone, ive had the game forever now, i pick it up from time to time. :forever alone:

ME, prototype came out at the same time as infamous, and yet got no attention. the gameplay was a lot more messy, but the game itself was so tight. it could have been twice as glitchy and unresponsive and i would have still loved it.
i am thinking ill wait for a price drop for prototype 2, although the first one is still like 25$ :lol:. but i am definitely picking it up. i dont know a thing about it, but if it is like the reviews ive been reading (like the first but better) than im already sold :)

yes i cant enjoy a sequel until ive played the first. mass effect 1 looks like shit now, but in many ways it was superior to the second (much more rpg focused).

ME1 is my favorite game of this gen by far.

so steam is giving away prototype 1 with prepurchase of prototype 2 (50$, comes out in july, end of july).

i still need to finish the single player of portal 2 haha, but im on steam all damn day so hit me up for a quick game here or there. nothing like a whole week off haha