The Gaming Thread

stockholm guys, did you know which store is cheaper to buy a notebook?
no giganten, no netonnet.
:)

Just got back from a Magic The Gathering midnight prerelease (tis 7am here). All 5 of us in my group went 3 wins and 1 draw. Opened two cards that are selling for around 25th bucks on eBay. Throwing them up tomorrow.

Jason you should of been here.

Skyrim woes yet again

First, I cannot buy the house in Markarth the dialouge option disappered and I have done the task for the option to buy it.

Second, quest such as kill the bandit leader at Valtheim Towers and kill the Dragon and Autumn Reach Tower do not show quest markers.

Third, I cannot get rid of the Skooma Dealers and finish that quest cause there is only 2 dealers inside the cave.

Now here is my favourite part that has made the game unplayable. I am stuck in Jorrvaskr I cannot leave the place cause my game freezes up.

If I have to delete a 300+ hour game I do not think I will ever play this game again.

i heard as your skyrim savefile gets larger and larger, xbox cant handle it and the load times become insane or it freezes.

my friend has skyrim on xbox and says the load times take upwards of 30 seconds, on PC it rarely even takes 2

i heard as your skyrim savefile gets larger and larger, xbox cant handle it and the load times become insane or it freezes.

my friend has skyrim on xbox and says the load times take upwards of 30 seconds, on PC it rarely even takes 2

Thats just lame man funny thing is that it only happen at Jorrvaskr no where else I better reload a hard save ugh all that gold I racked up gone. FTL

a PC that plays games wouldnt be expensive, even if you arent building it yourself. haha from your old description of your pc i agree with jocke, you should have upgraded that thing like 5 years ago :lol:. i still love my consoles for other stuff though, like third person games :)

i had a gts 240 graphics card for years, and it still ran most games on high. replaced it myself last month for a gtx560ti, which now maxes everything (directx 11 even) except battlefield 3 :lol:, which runs on high/ultra

I honestly see getting a decent gaming rig as a good investment. First of all it's a computer, it has a fuck-ton of other uses anyways, so you may as well give it the occasional upgrade. Second (and more importantly) if you build smart you can get a rig that will handle most games at high settings for a good 5-6 years, for a reasonable price. I buy a new PC once every 5 years or so, but that's mainly because I don't want to switch down to medium settings :lol:. You can get an Xbox or a PS3, but if you want access to lots of game options you have to buy both, I just put all that money towards my PC and get more variety than all of the current gen consoles combined. And if you run emulators you can still play most console games from old Nintendo up to PS2 or even Nintendo Wii (My comp runs almost all Wii games without a hitch). I see PC as a no lose gaming solution, and again PC's have an unlimited amount of other uses anyway, so why not put a couple hundred extra towards it and make it good for gaming too?

Of course if the games you play are mostly Xbox 360 or PS3 exclusives you may not like PC option, it can't emulate those consoles just yet but it will eventually. Not all games get ported over, I had been hoping for a Red Dead Redemption PC port for a long time, and it never happened which was one of my biggest disappointments about PC gaming in recent memory. I REALLY wanted them to make it available for PC as Rockstar usually does.

Well here is my new PC already problems I am thinking monitor.

http://www.epinions.com/specs/hewle...i-650-quad-core-processor-23-led-886111486304

Friday I had been on the phone since 4PM till about 10:30PM with HP about this stupid monitor

Problem is that It would flicker and repeatedly turn on and off. Then the flickering would stop and once it stopped the monitor would look overexposed like the gamma or brightness would get cranked all the way up. I think whatever it did damaged my monitor.

They want me to order a recovery disc something about a corrupted file on the recovery partition and see what will happen once I use the disc. Its the stupid monitor not the computer I told the woman over the phone. (I think its the monitor)

So pending on that.

Solution you ask? I turned the refresh rate to 50 hertz and it stopped till I can get them to fix my monitor or replace the Mobo.

Oh and to reply to what you said about my smarts in computers. The thing is that I have been trained by AT&T wireless to sale phones and give orientation to the Mississippi stores about new products and train them on how to use them. My knowledge on software and hardware is limited to what they trained me for.

(IE) If they want me to learn more or get a degree in computers they better pay for it :lol:

I have no intentions on dumping 2 grand into an ungodly system but I am interested in PC gaming for the "Wow factor" and "modding" thats about it.

I will still use my console for games like FPS shooters and racing games. But RPG is what I want for PCs.

yeah that card is integrated, and those cards are hard to replace. but i dont know anything about amd cards, so it'll probably still do you for a while adam :)

and i agree with belac :lol:, couldnt sum it up better

They want me to order a recovery disc something about a corrupted file on the recovery partition and see what will happen once I use the disc. Its the stupid monitor not the computer I told the woman over the phone. (I think its the monitor)

I will still use my console for games like FPS shooters and racing games. But RPG is what I want for PCs.

Tell them that you tried it with a laptop and the monitor acts in the same way, so it's not the computer that's at fault. (customer support is really hard to get through to... looking at you Jocke :p )

And Bitch please, FPS is super lame on consoles. I shall prove it once and for all when CS:GO comes out. It has crossplatform multiplayer capabilities.

Tell them that you tried it with a laptop and the monitor acts in the same way, so it's not the computer that's at fault. (customer support is really hard to get through to... looking at you Jocke :p )

And Bitch please, FPS is super lame on consoles. I shall prove it once and for all when CS:GO comes out. It has crossplatform multiplayer capabilities.

yeah controllers werent meant for FPS, at least not on a competative level