The Gaming Thread

nice :D.

alan wake is so good for PC. i love it, it feels so beefed up from xbox, so much so that i hate watching the cinematics, theyre so muddy and gross by comparison to the actual game :lol:. the actual game itself is a lot of fun, not the scariest thing ever, and it hasnt gotten challanging yet (still only in act 2), but fun nonetheless.
ill just say it, i hate games that force you to play it once before they let you play on hard, ive played a video game before let me be a fucking masochist.

i wonder how much time D3 will take from me, SC2 i played through the campaign and left it alone. loved the nice bit of nostalgia but never got into playing RTS' online. as far as i know D3 only has a story mode, and i usually put so much time into a first playthrough i burn myself out of it. hopefully my friends will force me through more playthroughs :lol:. i still have not seen a thing about the new diablo, so i have no idea even what the skills or anything would be.

anyone looking forward to guild wars 2? a friend of mine is really into it (played the first one, read a million articles about the second, played the beta etc). i looked into the game itself and it really looks solid, plus you cant beat free online play :D

Just remember, on the PC front its best to start strong with hardware instead of skimping in with a low end set up and constantly having to upgrade along the way. That said some minor updating here and there will get you more adept to everything as a whole.

anyone looking forward to guild wars 2? a friend of mine is really into it (played the first one, read a million articles about the second, played the beta etc). i looked into the game itself and it really looks solid, plus you cant beat free online play :D

fuck yes, i'm really looking forward to it! i hope it will be as good as it seems :) no quests <3<3

Just remember, on the PC front its best to start strong with hardware instead of skimping in with a low end set up and constantly having to upgrade along the way. That said some minor updating here and there will get you more adept to everything as a whole.
Right now I am just looking at what PC gaming has to offer that way ill know if I like it or not. When I ran a Torrent of Skyrim the CPU usage was around 40 to 60% not sure if thats good or bad. But the lag in the integrated video card was fail. LOL

video-game-memes-link-no-talk-to-girls.jpg

video-game-memes-the-scores-are-so-high.gif

I used to think pretty highly of EA, mostly because they weren't Activision. But creating Origin just because you don't want to give Valve a cut is pretty ridiculous, especially considering the problems I had with Origin the first couple weeks I had it...and the Gears 3 dlc fiasco was a pretty scumbag move.

Hope they do enough for you, as I don't want to rain on your parade but half life 2 runs at like 300+ frames per second on my 3 year old mini laptop...you better be able to run it on high with no lag these days.

Even with that horrid torrent version of Skyrim I had it had little to no CPU usage. I just deleted it cause it was out of date. I went into my AMD Vision controller and changed everything to performance and I was able to run it on Very High at 1920x1080. Speaking of HL2 of course.

Every time I use System Requirements Lab only thing I get errors about is the memory on the Graphics Card.