The Gaming Thread

Gah my previous post got cut off somehow. Meant to say I've been so disillusioned with shooters for the last year or two here.

:lol: i still dont understand :(, i just put insert hyperlink, and then copy/paste the youtube link in, maybe i should use the actual link instead of those mini ones, dunno ill mess around with it more next time

if you use the weird short links, you do it like this

link example http://youtu.be/Ci0T-TDfTcQ

you cut out the code after the slash, so it's like this:
Ci0T-TDfTcQ

then put youtube tags around it, like this:

[ youtube ] Ci0T-TDfTcQ [/ youtube ] (remove the spaces) and that's it :)

yeah shooters suck :lol:. theyve been getting better recently, if you weed through the shit. BF3 is pretty deep, then again i came from bad company 2, which most people say is the worst :lol: good weapon and class balance, and i find theres always new things or setups to try, and eventually you will see hilarious shit you'll never see again :lol:

seriously, one time i took down a helicopter (full with 5 guys) with an anti tank mine....thats right, he landed a helicopter on my anti tank mine :p

if you use the weird short links, you do it like this

link example http://youtu.be/Ci0T-TDfTcQ

you cut out the code after the slash, so it's like this:
Ci0T-TDfTcQ

then put youtube tags around it, like this:

[ youtube ] Ci0T-TDfTcQ [/ youtube ] (remove the spaces) and that's it :)

haha you are just the best jocke, thanks :D. ive been so confused, half the time it works, and half the time i wouldnt :D. ive mostly learned how to work this forum through trial and error

I played the shit out of nwn2. I bought the diamond edition or whatever the fuck they called it :lol:

That reminds me, I always wanted to check out Icewind Dale.

awwwwwwww.png

^Why is there no 'No, it's not OKAY' button there?

:lol:. cant wait, i have sunday-tuesday off, gonna wake up early and head up to the mall as soon as it opens

i dunno how the download version works, but i have steam and origin, im not downloading more unless i have to XD

:lol:. cant wait, i have sunday-tuesday off, gonna wake up early and head up to the mall as soon as it opens

i dunno how the download version works, but i have steam and origin, im not downloading more unless i have to XD

It works the same way Blizzard patches download. No extra software required.

I've been playing Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie lately. Fantastic games! The first one has been a favourite since it was released on N64, I like it even more than Super Mario 64. Anyway, I never got the chance to try the sequel until now, but amazingly, it's just as good, and better than almost everything released in the past 10 years! I thought perhaps it was nostalgia that made me enjoy completing B-K, but seeing as how much I enjoy the sequel, that's not the case. :D One can only weep when looking at what Rare has become these days. :'( By the way, does anyone have any recommendations for 3D platformers of such high quality? The only ones I can think of myself are Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 and Psychonauts, I love those, but what else is available out there?

yeah shooters suck :lol:. theyve been getting better recently, if you weed through the shit.

Not true, for the most part shooters are starting to get stagnant now with a few games that stand out in a sea of games that look and play almost exactly alike. At least shooters used to take you to creative unique places with variety instead of a bunch of the same war theatres. At least Borderlands 2 is around the corner:)

I've been playing Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie lately. Fantastic games! The first one has been a favourite since it was released on N64, I like it even more than Super Mario 64. Anyway, I never got the chance to try the sequel until now, but amazingly, it's just as good, and better than almost everything released in the past 10 years! I thought perhaps it was nostalgia that made me enjoy completing B-K, but seeing as how much I enjoy the sequel, that's not the case. :D One can only weep when looking at what Rare has become these days. :'( By the way, does anyone have any recommendations for 3D platformers of such high quality? The only ones I can think of myself are Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 and Psychonauts, I love those, but what else is available out there?

i hate all those games, i really do. im a 2d mario guy and could never make the transition :lol:. i recognize them all as classics though.

jak and daxter i hear are really great.

i still hook up the n64 from time to time. i find the time it takes for something to be a classic is 2 generations. you wait, in 5 years, people will be talking about their favorite ps2 games :lol:

Not true, for the most part shooters are starting to get stagnant now with a few games that stand out in a sea of games that look and play almost exactly alike. At least shooters used to take you to creative unique places with variety instead of a bunch of the same war theatres. At least Borderlands 2 is around the corner:)

yeah i agree with you :p. but there are a few interesting ones, bioshock 1 and 2 were fun. borderlands was great. L4D, metro 2033, Crysis (seriously fun, i played it all the way through and loved it), far cry 2.

but for every one of those theres a call of duty, half a halo and 3 mindless uninteresting shooters.

Oh my god, you're my hero. I spent months waiting for Banjo-Tooie when I was in the seventh grade...great game. The humor still makes me chuckle.