The Gaming Thread

what else could you possibly have to do on the day diablo 3 is released :lol:.

witch doctor (level 12) is so much fun, i may even like him more than my low level wizard

I still can't decide on which to play :lol: I've got a level 10 Demon Hunter, a level 7 Wizard and a level 3 Witchdoctor.

...But the Monk and Barb also look cool :lol: I'm so fucked.

Ending of Act one has my penis so hard. I need to go make sweet love to a vagina....because I haven't been this erect in awhile.

And I ask, did ANYONE even remember that Max Payne 3 came out the same day as Diablo 3? I didn't. Rockstar picked a bad release date there, I garauntee it's going to hurt sales when everyone is so focused on Diablo 3. I saw D3 ads fuckin' everywhere and not one Max Payne one, they would have been better delaying it to June :lol:

what else could you possibly have to do on the day diablo 3 is released :lol:.

haha, me, nicolas and dianella actually was in the queue for the midnight release but it was so fucking long so we got the fakk outta there :p now it's pretty much sold out everywhere and since i'm an 80's/90's kinda guy (and a blizzard fan) i want a physical copy of the game :lol:

also, i've seen that several people have had a hard time actually getting online to play the game etc, so i'm in no big hurry, i don't want any problems or distractions when i'm playing the game for the first time :p

i hate all those games, i really do. im a 2d mario guy and could never make the transition :lol:. i recognize them all as classics though.

jak and daxter i hear are really great.

i still hook up the n64 from time to time. i find the time it takes for something to be a classic is 2 generations. you wait, in 5 years, people will be talking about their favorite ps2 games :lol:

Haha, well, to each their own. Jak and Daxter 1-3 were good, but nothing special. Which reminds me, Ratchet & Clank 1-3 were brilliant! I wonder if the PS3 games are as good. Cool that you still play on your N64, hehe. I had fun with a couple of N64 titles on Wii's Virtual Console, until I acquired an HDTV, then the games looked blurry all of a sudden. :(

Oh my god, you're my hero. I spent months waiting for Banjo-Tooie when I was in the seventh grade...great game. The humor still makes me chuckle.

Haha, wow. Did you have that additional memory for the N64? Because I think the reason why I never bought Tooie was because I heard you had to buy the memory thingy in addition to be able to play it. I don't know if that was the case, though.

And I ask, did ANYONE even remember that Max Payne 3 came out the same day as Diablo 3? I didn't. Rockstar picked a bad release date there, I garauntee it's going to hurt sales when everyone is so focused on Diablo 3. I saw D3 ads fuckin' everywhere and not one Max Payne one, they would have been better delaying it to June :lol:

I want the new max payne, it looks sexy as hell.

Haha, wow. Did you have that additional memory for the N64? Because I think the reason why I never bought Tooie was because I heard you had to buy the memory thingy in addition to be able to play it. I don't know if that was the case, though.

I don't remember if it required it or not, but I had it from the N64 package I bought (I had the see-through green Donkey Kong Country N64 package).

But it is an awesome game. I played the shit out of it. Really cool level design and some interesting secrets.

haha ive seen a couple tv ads, but nothing like diablo. i knew it came out yesterday but i completely forgot. and i cant convince myself to buy it now because i still have to beatr diablo 3 a few dozen times, then skyrim with mods, then alan wake, then dark souls

plus BF3 and it has DLC coming in early june, and god knows im the first in line to suck EAs duck (not changing that :lol:). the only thing that could kill that game for me is if they started charging monthly fees.

haha, me, nicolas and dianella actually was in the queue for the midnight release but it was so fucking long so we got the fakk outta there :p now it's pretty much sold out everywhere and since i'm an 80's/90's kinda guy (and a blizzard fan) i want a physical copy of the game :lol:

also, i've seen that several people have had a hard time actually getting online to play the game etc, so i'm in no big hurry, i don't want any problems or distractions when i'm playing the game for the first time :p

i was gonna get a boxed copy, but decided to go digital when i found out i didnt need any 3d party shit like steam or origin (seriously, steam is enough). plus it let me install it pre launch. it was sold out digitally too (somehow :p)

Haha, well, to each their own. Jak and Daxter 1-3 were good, but nothing special. Which reminds me, Ratchet & Clank 1-3 were brilliant! I wonder if the PS3 games are as good. Cool that you still play on your N64, hehe. I had fun with a couple of N64 titles on Wii's Virtual Console, until I acquired an HDTV, then the games looked blurry all of a sudden. :(

i never played rachet and clank, i thought they looked bad, and then i hear theyre amazing haha, egg on my face. but yeah i hear the ps3 ones are great.
im a snes man at heart but n64 blew my mind when it came out. goldeneye, OoT, majoras mask, OGRE BATTLE 64 (best game ever, it is so good, if they made a sequal that required a new system, and this new system only had ogre battle, i would still buy it)

lol just realised its my birthday in a couple weeks, maybe thats when ill get max payne 3 (it does look really excellent).

haha fuck you know youre starting to get old when your birthday becomes meaningless :lol:

side goal is to be max level in battlefield by the end of july :D. im colonel 62 (rank 107) right now, and max is 100 (145). theres a double XP event next weekend, and new DLC in june :D

I don't remember if it required it or not, but I had it from the N64 package I bought (I had the see-through green Donkey Kong Country N64 package).

But it is an awesome game. I played the shit out of it. Really cool level design and some interesting secrets.

Ah, I see. Well, it's the only explanation I have for not buying a game I really, really wanted, lol. And yes, they really upped the ante with the level design, it's even better than in the first game. I like how they connected the levels too, with secret passageways and whatnot. :)

@ isolation_years: Haha, too bad you never played them. They are extremely entertaining as opposed to magical like Super Mario 64/Banjo/Oot, but when was "extremely entertaining" anything other than a good thing? :S The N64 was indeed a great console, and it was my first Nintendo console, strangely. Ocarina of Time remains my favourite game ever, I think, and I also had a lot of fun with Turok, GoldenEye, Diddy Kong Racing and more. Good times. :)

oh yeah, and perfect dark was amazing too. my first system was the nes. zelda a link to the past was probably my favorite zelda, and then OoT came out and blew my mind, still hard to choose between the two

haha extremely entertaining sold me :lol:

diablo 3 quick tip. go to options, gameplay turn on elective mode. then you can customise your active and passive skills. (ie buttons 1 2 3 4).
YOURE WELCOME :lol:

@ isolation_years: Haha, too bad you never played them. They are extremely entertaining as opposed to magical like Super Mario 64/Banjo/Oot, but when was "extremely entertaining" anything other than a good thing? :S The N64 was indeed a great console, and it was my first Nintendo console, strangely. Ocarina of Time remains my favourite game ever, I think, and I also had a lot of fun with Turok, GoldenEye, Diddy Kong Racing and more. Good times. :)

Yeah i was a pretty big fan of the N64 as well even though playstation had market dominance. Some of the best 3D platformers ever were released on it. N64 had a feel of its own with its games. Turok was actually my first console shooter and to this day i love it. It was almost open world in its level design, I love the idea of a shooter with so much emphasis on exploring the world as well as (at the time) great shooting mechancis. Turok 2 took that to a whole new level. I recently downloaded and plates througg both on Pc and it was even better..