The Gaming Thread

internet-memes-aragorns-actual-speech.jpg

:D

I just wish it would allow me to actually install it so I could just play right off the bat at midnight instead of having to download x inevitable patch on my shitty connection.

i hate all those games, i really do. im a 2d mario guy and could never make the transition :lol:. i recognize them all as classics though.

jak and daxter i hear are really great.

i still hook up the n64 from time to time. i find the time it takes for something to be a classic is 2 generations. you wait, in 5 years, people will be talking about their favorite ps2 games :lol:

yeah i agree with you :p. but there are a few interesting ones, bioshock 1 and 2 were fun. borderlands was great. L4D, metro 2033, Crysis (seriously fun, i played it all the way through and loved it), far cry 2.

but for every one of those theres a call of duty, half a halo and 3 mindless uninteresting shooters.

3d platformers as simply hard to make good. I'm guessing the only 'newish' ones that I'd enjoy are on the Wii or ps3 with the renowned J&D.

There were a lot of good shooters that came out within the first burst of the current generation...and i'm sure there are more good ones still coming out somewhere I just haven't been able to get myself to try any for some time. I guess I played F.E.A.R. 3 here recently but aside from that...which I got for like 4 or 5 bucks or some shit...I haven't been able to get myself to purchase any for some time. Hell, its part of why I couldn't get myself into the newest Deux ex. The way things are looking I won't really be purchasing a new shooter till Bioshock Infinite.

i never finished nwn2... i couldn't stand the crappy graphics engine and the annoying companion characters when playing chaotic evil (realized they were alot easier to handle when i played neutral good on my second character)

The graphics did blow goats, but it was a good game nonetheless. Summoner for playstation had some dogshit graphics too but I loved that game back in the day.

i didn't mean the graphics per se (although they could've been better) but the engine sucked so much, it lagged even on lowest settings on my computer, and i had no trouble playing stuff with much better graphics at the time

neverwinter nights 1 graphics are bad as well, but that game is pure awesomeness

^thats been my problem. it also has a funny launcher that EVERY cirus scan thinks is some trojan, and to run it, you need to disable virus scan, open game, put on virusscan again :lol:.
new deus ex was excellent, cant wait to start another file :D. also diablo 3 install starts at 8 am PST today :). in case you havent read any recent preload stuff :). so in like 15 minutes :lol:

also, little big planet is an excellent platformer if you have a ps3

There is a lot of attention to detail in D3 that I love. Such as the logins not working until immediately after Miasma gave up on them.

woke up at 7am, had no problems with Diablo, love it so far :D. wish i could play on higher difficulty though :lol:

i imagine it was hell when they first went online.