The Gaming Thread

Word. I deleted my Skyrim save

So I had to delete my main character and start over Over 400 Hours gone my game was bugged to the max I have yet to start over again. I had just bought Dawnguard to. I need some sort of therapy now since I lost all that time and loot. RIP my Breton friend you served me well. After not playing Skyrim for awhile I took a break sort of lost interest radiant quest became mundane. So now I could never get past the loading screen my save file was probably screwed up, the disc is installed onto the Xbox and the disc is mint. But here is to another play through. As I raise a bottle of mead my Breton is now in Nocturnal's Evergloam I am yours Nocturnal do with me as you see fit.

I chalk that up to me moving the file from 2 other Xbox systems.

i heard about that, something like as your file save increases in size, it also increases load times and strain on the system to the point it wont run

join PC master race

its funny, i was the most apathetic about diablo 3, and now im playing the most :lol:. inferno is so much fucking fun though. i mean i beat the game so i consider inferno "endgame secret level". it is insanely hard, but im in act 3, and the only thing i bought was a bow for myself when i entered inferno (it was still hard, and ive since found bows i could have used anyway), the rest i found and am doing fine :).

i feel like people who cant progress without the auction house are just being babies :lol:, it is a it of a time saver i suppose.

I've been hearing a lot of that lately, even from hardcore Diablo fans. I still have not put any time into it at all so I can't say how much truth there is, but it sounds like people are getting bored quick due to the lack of any character building. It's become so loot-centric that the only way to succeed is by farming for new items, which many people just skip and buy their gear. So basically everyone has identical characters and the only reason to keep coming back is to farm some more. Diablo 2 had the options of making builds, which were just as important as loot. I can acknowledge that there were only a couple truly useful builds for each character but the variety was nice, and you could get away with having mediocre gear as long as you knew where to place your points. I can say for PVP in Diablo 2 the builds were VERY important, especially if you were targeting a certain character class, you could have a whole roster of Barbarians each built to kill a certain class effectively (speed barbs, resistance barbs, frenzy barbs etc etc). I guess that could be possible with gear to replace the modifiers but it seems kind of empty like that.

I assume the community is still doing very well but the fact that most of my friends have already stopped playing (people that played D1 and D2 for years after release) kind of bugs me.

i heard about that, something like as your file save increases in size, it also increases load times and strain on the system to the point it wont run

join PC master race

Larry Hyrb said that you should keep the chest in houses clean and not hoard on console and only use hard saves. He also stated on Twitter in angst that he was done with Skyrim on the Xbox cause of the bugs. But he later deleted it if I recall correctly. He got into trouble.

But I am working on that PC conversion here soon.

I've been hearing a lot of that lately, even from hardcore Diablo fans. I still have not put any time into it at all so I can't say how much truth there is, but it sounds like people are getting bored quick due to the lack of any character building. It's become so loot-centric that the only way to succeed is by farming for new items, which many people just skip and buy their gear. So basically everyone has identical characters and the only reason to keep coming back is to farm some more. Diablo 2 had the options of making builds, which were just as important as loot. I can acknowledge that there were only a couple truly useful builds for each character but the variety was nice, and you could get away with having mediocre gear as long as you knew where to place your points. I can say for PVP in Diablo 2 the builds were VERY important, especially if you were targeting a certain character class, you could have a whole roster of Barbarians each built to kill a certain class effectively (speed barbs, resistance barbs, frenzy barbs etc etc). I guess that could be possible with gear to replace the modifiers but it seems kind of empty like that.

I assume the community is still doing very well but the fact that most of my friends have already stopped playing (people that played D1 and D2 for years after release) kind of bugs me.

yes, this is exactly why i quit, coupled with the annoying story telling. i miss being able to make retarded builds for teh lulz etc, there's no such thing as builds anymore, you just switch skills depending on what you're meeting.

yeah you can switch builds at any time, and i agree it cuts down on variety. (at level 60 switching skills means you lose your magic find bonus gained from killing elites) but i find that only applies to inferno. ive played around with most of the demon hunter skills and you can make them work through nightmare easily.
its funny, i know 3 demon hunters in inferno, and none of them use the same skills. one is two 1-handed and all about speed, one uses a 1hand and quiver, and uses grenades and stun spams. and im using a 2 handed tank. haha my attack is a little on the low side, but i can survive hits well into act 3 inferno. inferno is a bit of a grind fest btw, i never had to buy or grind at all before inferno.

but to each their own, honestly im selling stuff on the real money auction house so i can buy lord of destruction and finally give that a try :lol:. once i get bored ill switch over and play more of my hardcore character. level 24 so far i think