The Gaming Thread

I can't lie, I tend to take my time with games, especially if it's a game that offers any kind of freedom. Platformers and the like I fly through, but if there is anything to explore or do I'm not the type to keep any eye on the clock. Even in Doom, I never tried to make the Par time, I was far more interested in wasting 15 minutes finding everything. So even though projections are usually inflated, I find stupid little things to do that get me a good amount of game time. I already see myself wasting large amounts of time in Dishonoured just using powers to do stupid shit :lol:

:lol: same with shooters, i always come in under par. i'll grind out the best weapons in rpgs, so as long as i see "has sidequests and a quick time just doing story is 20 hours" im golden

condesending castlevania

LNhYhF9TK06aOseAuGKF_w2.jpg

Castlevania :)

Niki, have you played Xenogears yet? If not, what the fuck? You're better off playing Xenogears than almost any retro RPG (Or current game!). Epic Story, Great characters, Amazing Soundtrack, Diverse and kick-ass battle system(two types of battles on top of that), tons of secrets, a kickass 3D world map with MANY locations. It also has some of the most badass villains of any RPG. Seriously, they give Sephiroth a run for his money.

If you have not played this game I recommend it goes to the front of your list next time you want to play an older jRPG.

It's best not go into it with spoilers though, seriously.

Castlevania :)

Niki, have you played Xenogears yet? If not, what the fuck? You're better off playing Xenogears than almost any retro RPG (Or current game!). Epic Story, Great characters, Amazing Soundtrack, Diverse and kick-ass battle system(two types of battles on top of that), tons of secrets, a kickass 3D world map with MANY locations. It also has some of the most badass villains of any RPG. Seriously, they give Sephiroth a run for his money.

If you have not played this game I recommend it goes to the front of your list next time you want to play an older jRPG.

It's best not go into it with spoilers though, seriously.

oh i never go into anything with spoilers, im like halfway throguh a playthrough, i just put it down one day and never picked it back up. was loving it though. on my retro games spree i finished suikoden and wild arms.

:loco::loco: :lol: @ all of those accept for the last one.

hahaha agreed

is the update fixing the story and dialogue? :)

:lol: fair enough. its nothing great i suppose, *spoilers* what happened to leah in act 4 was a nice twist, and the whole tyreal thing in act 1. but nothing can really top diablo 1 and 2, the way the dark wanderer is the hero from the first game, first time seeing cain in that prison, the rest of the town burned to ash.

i mapped "escape all" to mouse down, and now whenever i roll the mouse down i auto skip cutscenes, skip character dialogue, close all windows. i dont watch anything anymore :lol:. theyre fleshing out some of the lesser used skills to promote build diversity :)

just finished a really intense heroes 3 game with a friend of mine. i won, but barely :D

one of my friends tells me about it all the time, one of her favorites i think. part of me just wants to get it haha, for now i have disciples 2 and 3 i guess :lol:

man i used to love that game, played it at a friends house as a kid

I might be moving up to another promotion "Supervisor" at work. So I will take that money and build a beastly gaming rig. Save me the headache of me upgrading the HP just in case it bottlenecks. I mean the processor is awesome it's on the AMD Vision series and its quad core. It's just that stupid shit PSU and on board graphics that's keeping me down. I can run The Elder Scrolls Oblivion at ultra high settings and it works fine for the on board graphics.