The Gaming Thread

also, triad looks awesome! i beat doom last year on my ipod haha, got me back into that.

although that fucking reviewers voice drives me insane :lol:

:lol: well he covered most of the notable features pretty well so I went with it.

I love these kinds of flash games. Pandemic I played a while back, it's addictive until you beat it once, then it loses most of its replay value.
Here is another I liked a lot, it's called Bowmaster Prelude. I actually liked it enough to download to my desktop lol.

http://armorgames.com/play/13150/infectonator-2

haha yeah, consoles are great in their own way, they always run the games, never really need to modify them or anything. controllers are great.

but, if you want something current, PC is where it's at

ive got fucking 100 games on steam now :(/:D

Had to break out the PSP today because PSOne Classics aren't yet available on Vita and I really want to play Suikoden again.

I don't see the difficulty in getting these games on the platform. Vita launched 6 months ago. I know they're coming soon, but they're rolling the games out in waves, not all at once.

I'm on a RPG trip right now so I want to play FF VII - IX as well. I am a disgrace for never playing FF IX. I look forward to it.

FF9 is a really solid game, although it has its share of critics and haters.

Many people bitch it looks too cartoony, I think the look fits the storyline, sense of humour and creative direction of the game perfectly and wouldn't change it for anything (plus it gets pretty fuckin dark so why bitch about cartoony?). It has an epic story that spans over a lot of cool and unique areas and a great equipment system, not to mention one of the best world maps of the series both in scale and things to do/find.

I'm also a fan of the characters who are not so damn emo or androgynous (with one big exception sadly..) as the rest of modern Final Fantasy games , they all have well-defined goals and personalities that differ from one another. Zidane is optimistic to the bitter end and has a little bit of Goku in him which was a nice change from asshats like Squall. I think it's the second best PS final fantasy by a long shot, and one of the best in the series.

Just my opinion. Just thinking about it makes me want to "insert disc 1".

Also...Potential spoiler.

Black Waltz #3. Oh my fucking god was he BADASS in those cinematics.

Never played XII either! I have the collectors edition, and it's in my "backlog" but I've never gotten to it.

The last FF game I played to completion was the awesome FFX. XIII was beyond boring and too linear. I got like 5 hours in before quitting.

FFX suffers from shitty characters and voice acting unfortunately. Other than that it had tons of potential. Titus is one of the most annoying little bastards in RPGs, and Wakka should be castrated to avoid reproducing. I just tried to keep Auron in my party to keep the awesome levels from plummeting.

i played 12 and returned it pretty quickly. i dunno it just was so slow paced. choose attack and then wait 30 seconds for your guy to perform it. it having the insane secret boss always intrigued me.

FF1 was awesome, classic
2 was great, loved it all the way through
4 was possibly my favorite, so many deaths, when yang sacrificed himself, heartwrenching
never finished 5 or 6 although i own both, thinking about them when i want a retro games day
7 was my first FF (never had a PS1) and i'll always love it. so much to do and i loved the cast. except aeris, i was surprised when she died but felt nothing, she was so useless and i have no heart
8 i couldnt get into, but perhaps i wasnt in the mood
9 was awesome, i was intrigued that the main was a thief
10 i liked, didnt like many of the characters, but the summons were mindblowing, bosses were fun, the gameplay was solid, and i liked that you could more or less upgrade characters with any skills you wanted. auron was a stone cold badass
13 i never played, i have no interest in yet another hand holding rpg

I attached pretty easily to 12. I spent like 200+ hours on it over two playthroughs...there were still some things I wasn't able to accomplish. The story was one of the better FF stories imo.

Ten was alright. I didn't HATE Tidus. I didn't give a fuck about him either :lol: Wakka was pretty annoying. Jecht was a boring villian. There were some redeeming qualities though...some of the enemies and bosses were pretty cool.

when i played ff1 i was like 13-16 and just played it on gameboy advance (came with the second one), was during my first nostalgia phase :p. was sorta my first "make a party and kill shit" rpg. well, i suppose i also had dragon warrior 3 (which was amazing)

i pretty much agree with miasma on 10 haha

FF9 is a really solid game, although it has its share of critics and haters.

Many people bitch it looks too cartoony, I think the look fits the storyline, sense of humour and creative direction of the game perfectly and wouldn't change it for anything (plus it gets pretty fuckin dark so why bitch about cartoony?). It has an epic story that spans over a lot of cool and unique areas and a great equipment system, not to mention one of the best world maps of the series both in scale and things to do/find.

I'm also a fan of the characters who are not so damn emo or androgynous (with one big exception sadly..) as the rest of modern Final Fantasy games , they all have well-defined goals and personalities that differ from one another. Zidane is optimistic to the bitter end and has a little bit of Goku in him which was a nice change from asshats like Squall. I think it's the second best PS final fantasy by a long shot, and one of the best in the series.

Just my opinion. Just thinking about it makes me want to "insert disc 1".

Also...Potential spoiler.

Black Waltz #3. Oh my fucking god was he BADASS in those cinematics.

i just read this again, and your zeal for this game makes me want to play it again. and yea, that whole play was fantastic. it started and i was like wtf is this shit. by the end i was lovin it.

the studio said a straight playthrough of dishonored would take about `12-14 hours, if you explore, probably double. im thinking thats on normal too, so i think i might preorder it

also borderlands 2....obvious :lol: