The Gaming Thread

Tiger Direct told me that my computer was fine for updating the PSU but with HP they like to put there PSU on the top of the case instead of on the bottom. So they said worry about heat issues. This has to be the most ass backwards case and MOBO I have ever seen.
472999_10150827363298923_607596822_o.jpg

471025_10150827363158923_430991618_o.jpg

Antec makes good cases, my case is Antec actually. I use this, and it's pretty good for access. Although I'm not necessarily rcommending it, I bought it because I had a little extra cash at the end of my upgrade.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Generally you should only have to spend between $60 - $80 for a case that will do all you need, at least last I checked.

That power supply location is a little weird but it's not that uncommon, especially in older or pre-built brand computers where the psu was often on the top rather than bottom.

Do you know the exact model of both your processor and the Mobo? I forget what it was, but I remember the page you directed us to wasn't that specific.

dont rush either. take time, do research. i measured all the room i had in my case and my parts before i bought anything, and it all fits perfect :). just a suggestion

the first game was quite a bit of fun. i think death will make a much better protagonist than war. i dont think i liked the first game enough to buy the second at full price. depending on price, i might pick it up the next time it goes on sale on steam.

I actually just came on here to mention Darksiders 2. I just played it for about an 2 hours, not enough time to make a thorough judgement but so far it's pretty enjoyable. The PC port is pretty crap in terms of options, it's VERY clear that almost no effort was made to port it since there are absolutely no PC options except for adjusting screen resolution and your controls, and mouse and keyboard didn't feel natural, but when I use my gamepad it plays excellent. The Mouse+Keyboard controls might be better if you spend time configuring it properly but in a case of EXTREME rarity I found the gamepad to be more fitting and natural. Graphics are pretty 2007-ish at best but that's never been something to deter me from enjoying a game. I realize I started this with a bunch of negatives but I jsut wanted to get that out of the way, overall in terms of pure gameplay it's quite solid and fun.

I never played the first Darksiders so I can't properly compare it (this breaks my usual rule of not playing a direct-sequel first) but the combat is very fluid, with lots of nice combos to learn and some pretty solid platforming the break it all up. The thing I was pleasantly surprised by was the RPG elements. For me 90% of all games can be improved by adding RPG elements, I love them :lol:. I expected a straight forward action-platformer but there is quite a bit of emphasis on experience, equipment, skill points and buying new combo's/skills. You get two weapon types: Your primary Scythe weapons, and a secondary weapon that hits harder but is generally slower. The two weapons can be changed as soon as you find new equipment and used simultaneously to link combo's together and make for lots of badass victories. There is loot to be found on enemies and it's looking like exploration will be rewarded in the bigger levels. The story so far is pretty basic but it's still cool and fits right in with the rest of the game. Death is a decent main character, he seems to have plenty of conviction but so far he doesn't hae a lot of personality.

One thing I will note here is the difficulty. I am pretty much a newbie with this style of game. I've never played much of God of War of Bayonetta or anything in this style of gameplay since Devil May Cry 1, or Soul Reaver 2 (sort of?). It's not that I never wanted to, I just never had much of a drive to go play one since I tend to stick with FPS games and massive RPG's in the last 5 or 6 years.

Now saying this, I find Darksiders 2 REALLY easy. I would recommend anyone that plays these games regularly play on a harder setting than default, because I'm a newb and I restarted because I was not being challenged at all. The entire prologue is easy to beat without sustaining any damage if you pay attention (once you know the basics of course). I might regret upping the difficulty so early on, things may get crazy hard later in game, but I don't want to get bored before things get challenging so I took the plunge. I like being challenged though so I might be over-stating things.
(Edit: I just noticed you can change difficulty on the fly in the options, excellent!)

I'll probably post more about Darksiders 2 when I get further into the game, but from my current perspective this game has the potential to be pretty epic. If I seem to be kind of negative (I notice I made more negative comments than positive) it's not because my overall impression of the game is bad. On the contrary it's well polished, runs beautifully (zero lag, short load times), fluid and fun with a nice sprinkling of RPG elements and a kickass combat system.

nice, i think thats about what i was expecting, ill probably get it when its down to 20-30$

the first game was pretty easy too, playing it on hard and never really got stuck

Question for you. Did the first Darksiders have RPG elements and fast platforming and all that too? I had always assumed it was jsut your average straight forward action game. Death is pretty damn quick, but War looks like a slow golem lol. You fight a War (clone) early on and he seems sluggish as fuck, although really strong. I don't see him leaping along pillars and running across walls :lol:

some platforming, nothing special. there were rpg elements though i think, although very basic like upgrading your weapon.

now this kinda is really interesting me, cause youre right war is pretty much a slow golem, powerful but slow. i love playing faster characters. i always play fox in smash bros :lol:

I played the original Darksiders through a couple times...I will say that the difficulty progressed pretty natural, thought it did start off easy as shit. I love it as it was a new spin on an old story, and the art direction made it feel like a refreshed version of old environments as well.

The combat was super fluid, though it got repetitive after awhile. They excelled in breaking up the monotony though, adding a number of interesting puzzles and turret parts, as well as some platforming elements (and even a Portal gun type instrument near the end). The boss battles were EPIC. There was one in particular that stands out, though I don't want to spoil anything if there is any chance of you checking it out.