The Gaming Thread

Eve is pretty much the most epic MMO ever. It's literally a massive player run economy, and I don't mean a Diablo 3 economy or even WOW with a few people sitting in town trading items. I mean single players can create corporations and over the years grow them to control how the entire EVE universe functions and create trade and business. People can literally work for other players as mercenaries or politicians or spies and carry out whatever objective from corporate sabotage to hijacking a freighter to joining a fleet and going to war. There are debates about policies, meetings to make agreements, ambassadors and fucking everything and it's all run by players.

It's really quite amazing, but it's also probably the most complex learning curve in an MMO. I have not had the opportunity to truly get into it because it is time-consuming but damn if it isn't a brilliantly crafted game to be able to pull it off without imploding.

Just to give an example of how in-depth this fucker gets, this article features EVE (twice) the first entry (#7)shows jsut how in-depth this game gets. It's almost operatic. I don't know why I'm posting this link but I was fascinated by the level of subversion allowed.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

Eve is pretty much the most epic MMO ever. It's literally a massive player run economy, and I don't mean a Diablo 3 economy or even WOW with a few people sitting in town trading items. I mean single players can create corporations and over the years grow them to control how the entire EVE universe functions and create trade and business. People can literally work for other players as mercenaries or politicians or spies and carry out whatever objective from corporate sabotage to hijacking a freighter to joining a fleet and going to war. There are debates about policies, meetings to make agreements, ambassadors and fucking everything and it's all run by players.

It's really quite amazing, but it's also probably the most complex learning curve in an MMO. I have not had the opportunity to truly get into it because it is time-consuming but damn if it isn't a brilliantly crafted game to be able to pull it off without imploding.

Just to give an example of how in-depth this fucker gets, this article features EVE (twice) the first entry (#7)shows jsut how in-depth this game gets. It's almost operatic. I don't know why I'm posting this link but I was fascinated by the level of subversion allowed.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

Yeah, a friend of mine went on for like 20 minutes about how that ambassador died and subsequently the goon squad lost control of x territories and the implications of such...sounds super in depth.

I played Eve briefly years ago. It was pretty decent but there is no way I have the time output for something like that.

yeah, he said that the learning curve is incredibly steep. I've never really played any MMOs at all, so i guess it will be like jumping in the deep end. but I think i might give it a go. Although I doubt I will want to devote the time it will require to really get anything out of it.

Patricia Tannis came out of the water riding a fish and jumped some obstacles.

Also came across a blatant Bioshock reference in the pirate DLC, Mr. Bubbles was walking around with lil' sis.

well there go my dreams of being able to download stuff and maybe play games. Apparently my apartment is not ADSL compatible. something about the wiring technology. I don't even live in a very old place :(

i dont know what it is about me, but when i see a video is longer than 3 minutes, i either close it, or just pretend i watched it.

aint nobody got time fo that

tumblr_mcrqsrU0yp1riom23o1_400.jpg

You must have an even lower attention span than me, you are probably missing some seriousl-- Hey look a butterfly.... *wanders out of room*

My experience with EVE...

Downloaded free trial.
Opened game.
Saw sweet looking ship docked in the main screen (lookin fun so far!)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SO MUCH TO READ.

I get the potential. I appreciate the TRUE player-run game.
But fuck that game to death.

--------------
As for what I am playing now, Far Cry 3. It's awesome.

My experience with EVE...

Downloaded free trial.
Opened game.
Saw sweet looking ship docked in the main screen (lookin fun so far!)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SO MUCH TO READ.

I get the potential. I appreciate the TRUE player-run game.
But fuck that game to death.

that would probably been me too except my friend said he would help get me into it, so it wouldn't be so hard to start. but i don't think i will be able to get good enough internet now. so it doesn't really matter :(

if i was in the middle of nowhere here i would be able to get awesome internet. the government has a policy that everyone should be able to get highspeed broadband, all over australia. But they forgot about the thousands of people who live in the middle of cities that have been provided with shit infrastructure :(

-end complaining rant-

but I am getting a new TV today so YAY! :D

You moved to the woods? Looking for some inspiration? :lol:

Canada's infrastructure was pretty shitty until the last 10 years or so when highspeed started spreading to rural areas. Small towns had nothing but dial up for a long time.