The Gaming Thread

just saw a trailer for dark souls two.....now i really want to finish dark souls (nothing like coming back to a game youve already got a decent character in.......then again i can see myself losing a lot of souls)

just found my copy! time to get my face hammered in 16 million times before i finally complete it.

also i think today ill mod doom 3 :D (as i dont want the bfg edition :lol:, ill die before i play that pussy mode game, seriously flashlight is no longer its own weapon? PUUUUUUUUUUSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)

^I HATED peoples complaints about the flashlight being separate before. It was an important mechanic imo and added a ton to the game.

I am going to be juggling between Halo 4 Skyrim and Battlefield 3 for the year of 2013. I might even squeeze some COD BL2 in there tis a busy year for gaming ahead. I am also miffed about the "reboot" of the Tomb Raider series. Did Underworld really get that bad of a reception? :/

i havent heard much about tomb raider, i wanted it to be really good though :(. it seems like they keep trying new stuff, when anyone who still enjoys tomb raider really just wants the first 2-3 hahaha.

colonel 84 in BF3, hope i can stick it out to 100

I am going to be juggling between Halo 4 Skyrim and Battlefield 3 for the year of 2013. I might even squeeze some COD BL2 in there tis a busy year for gaming ahead. I am also miffed about the "reboot" of the Tomb Raider series. Did Underworld really get that bad of a reception? :/

You can't rightly be mad about something you haven't played.

My interest is totally piqued. It's a series that badly needs a reboot, and it's being developed by the studio responsible for the Legacy Of Kain series...which I dearly miss.

My interest is totally piqued. It's a series that badly needs a reboot, and it's being developed by the studio responsible for the Legacy Of Kain series...which I dearly miss.

yeah see i misunderstood what adam said. didnt realise the game wasnt out yet. and yeah, every tomb raider in the past like 10 years has been beyond awful imo haha.

was excited they wanted to reboot it, still am

Well you see I have watched most of all the videos that's out there regarding the new Tomb Raider game, and it seems to be a streamline press X to not die games where it makes you go from point a to b with little to no thinking. It slightly reminds me of a COD game with some acrobatic elements installed. Where is my sprawling vistas? Where is my elaborate tombs? I have no interest in seeing how she became who she is. I am also pissed off that they changed her look and replaced the well known voice actor with some actress I've never heard of. Only thing I know about her is that she played in True Blood. What alternate dimension have I fell into when gaming companies have to rely on talent from Hollywood?

The voice acting and character model complaints are ones I can't back. That said, I don't really care about tomb raider anyway.

Well you see I have watched most of all the videos that's out there regarding the new Tomb Raider game, and it seems to be a streamline press X to not die games where it makes you go from point a to b with little to no thinking. It slightly reminds me of a COD game with some acrobatic elements installed. Where is my sprawling vistas? Where is my elaborate tombs? I have no interest in seeing how she became who she is. I am also pissed off that they changed her look and replaced the well known voice actor with some actress I've never heard of. Only thing I know about her is that she played in True Blood. What alternate dimension have I fell into when gaming companies have to rely on talent from Hollywood?

Alright, wall of text time. First off....

Nearly every game on the market borrows it's voice acting talent from Hollywood...seriously....and it's not a recent phenomenon either. This has been going on for the better part of two decades. Liam Neeson. Ray Liotta. John DiMaggio. Hell, even Susan Sarandon.

As for the replacement of the original voice actress, you need to bear in mind that this is a reboot; this means they are trying to divorce this game from the drivel that made Tomb Raider suck for the last ten years.

I also feel that it's prudent to point out that you haven't made a single assertion based on actual data, but rather a bunch of assumptions...which you've made clear by preceding every statement with the qualifiers "it seems like," or "it reminds me of." The fact you haven't seen those things you're looking for is not evidence for a lack of them in-game. Obviously this is still a Tomb Raider game, they haven't abandoned the intellectual property. It would be financially irresponsible to stray from some of the environments and gameplay mechanics that made the series noteworthy in the first place...so I'm sure they'll be there and it is likely that the reason you haven't seen them in screenshots and trailers is because these things are a marketing tool meant to tease the game's release, and not a preview of every situation you can possibly encounter.

Best to withhold judgement until you're able to make a proper decision.

Only Tomb Raider game I recall sucking was Angel of Darkness but I am looking at reviews and post about the last 2 games that came out and they seemed to have done good with a mixed reception, but those reviews and feedback statements was by well known gaming sites such as IGN etc and not that of actual unbiased gamers. I must have missed that part. I think it's bad because they are too lazy to come up with original ideas.

And yes I am well aware of actors lending there voices to games I have played GTA of course. *reads GTA Vice City and San Andreas manual and watches credits for Skyrim and Oblivion*

But from what I saw at e3 you really have no room to explore

I must be prudent enough to make assumptions to the above cause I have been let down by a lot of games last year.

I think we are all looking for the next big thing and I must have my expectations set to high for me to see a delicious sirloin steak right in front of me while I continue to eat flat iron steak.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just want to say i like push button sequences. some things are best explained with cutscenes, nice to be involved imo

also i agree jason, and jean reneau was an actual character in a game...onimusha 3

i can see why i stopped playing dark souls now. i built equal parts intelligence and strength. what a stupid character this is, nothing he has is capable of killing :(

Kept hearing about it after not being on my radar, and I have to agree...the Walking Dead game on XBL (or tablet/smartphone if you want) is the best game of 2012, imo.
Just as good as the best parts of the comic and better than the show by a landslide.

Made a sorcerer in Dark Souls just to fuck around, played five hours today and I'm more than half done :lol: She's a glass cannon. I have to play bosses praying I won't take one single hit...though I do a metric fuckton of damage so it evens out.

Kept hearing about it after not being on my radar, and I have to agree...the Walking Dead game on XBL (or tablet/smartphone if you want) is the best game of 2012, imo.
Just as good as the best parts of the comic and better than the show by a landslide.

i heard it was no gameplay and just basically an animated story, only reason i was turned off

Made a sorcerer in Dark Souls just to fuck around, played five hours today and I'm more than half done :lol: She's a glass cannon. I have to play bosses praying I won't take one single hit...though I do a metric fuckton of damage so it evens out.

hahaha i loved mages in demons souls, now that i have a decent warrior im progressing pretty quick, beat the gargoyles last night before bed,

i think i converted my last warrior to half shit str/half shit int because....well the spells in this are amazing, even if you have low int they do so much damage.