The Gaming Thread

i heard it was no gameplay and just basically an animated story, only reason i was turned off

hahaha i loved mages in demons souls, now that i have a decent warrior im progressing pretty quick, beat the gargoyles last night before bed,

i think i converted my last warrior to half shit str/half shit int because....well the spells in this are amazing, even if you have low int they do so much damage.

My INT is at 45, and I'm able to kill everything in a couple hits.

see his int was 27 i think, so decent but not for higher levels

my new guy is like level 23 and i got him pretty solid on hp/armor/resist/str

i heard it was no gameplay and just basically an animated story, only reason i was turned off

It depends what you deem as "gameplay".
It's not a 3rd person shooter, it's an adventure game.

If you grew up playing them in the 90's, you'll understand the kind of gameplay it is immediately. If you played Heavy Rain for PS3 a few years ago, you'll also have an idea of what to expect.

But yes, it is somewhat of an interactive movie or choose your own adventure type of thing. You make choices and the characters react to you and sometimes you don't have long to decide on a course of action so people will like or hate you based on that. Some things are inevitable, but some things completely alter the course of the game.

You probably made the right choice if you know you wouldn't like that kind of game. But if you like adventure games, it's incredibly immersive, the story is great, and the voice acting is magnificent.

It depends what you deem as "gameplay".
It's not a 3rd person shooter, it's an adventure game.

If you grew up playing them in the 90's, you'll understand the kind of gameplay it is immediately. If you played Heavy Rain for PS3 a few years ago, you'll also have an idea of what to expect.

But yes, it is somewhat of an interactive movie or choose your own adventure type of thing. You make choices and the characters react to you and sometimes you don't have long to decide on a course of action so people will like or hate you based on that. Some things are inevitable, but some things completely alter the course of the game.

You probably made the right choice if you know you wouldn't like that kind of game. But if you like adventure games, it's incredibly immersive, the story is great, and the voice acting is magnificent.

haha 90s was a golden era, i also did enjoy heavy rain so maybe i would like it. i guess i was expecting myst but instead of puzzles it would be story choices :p, just walk here and eventually it would give you a choice to make and then you go do it

I've heard nothign but good things about the Walking Dead games I just have not had the chance to play them, I'm barely getting to the priority games lately. They are adventure games, not so much interactive animations as you put it, however no it's not an action driven genre. Think puzzles, storyline, searching and more puzzles. That could sound boring I suppose but as Dusty said, if you ever got into 90's era adventure games you should kind of know what to expect but with a modern coat of paint. I had a lot of fun with those old DOS games, they could be unforgivably hard until you figure out what to do but it was always rewarding.

Just go to the second island in Far Cry 3,
*Very minor spoiler here*

I was surprised to see Vaas get dispatched at the half-way point, I rather liked him as an antagonist, so far Hoyt isn't nearly as interesting. I almost wanted to see Vaas turn on Hoyt at some point.

The game has me by the balls, still loving it all the way through. I'm still having that annoying map problem where it progressively becomes more unusable with each pause, so I took it upon myself to simply become more immersed in the world and try not to use my map unless I have to. Otherwise I'm trying to take queues from the dialogue to find things on my own old-school style so I have the map when I need it.

My only complaint is the same one as before, and that is the difficulty being too lenient. I find the AI stupidity takes away from the immersion, because you know that no real person could possibly be so stupid as to find three dead bodies and still wander around slowly looking for me, not hitting any alarms, not running his ass off for cover, and eventually giving up and tossing it off as his imagination acting up. Clearly that dead body over there is just his buddy playing hide and seek. The guy in a pool of blood? Nah he is marinading himself for the Barbeque! And the one with the exploded head always looked like that, makes him hard to identify if he is ever in a suspect line up.

Now I know this is an OLD stealth convention for the AI to magically forget you exist, but I felt like the AI was extra lazy in a game that has such technical prowess everywhere else.

Everything else is fantastic though, I was especially impressed with the animation all around, and the character expressions/voice acting were the best I've seen.

Yeah, the Walking Dead game is definitely not one of those "pixel hunter" style games, either, which I am thankful for, haha. I love adventure games, but I kinda hated that stuff.
It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I think the story is fantastic.

@belac: hoyt is pretty cool at times, but he should have been the underling and vaas the boss imo too. (the end is seriously amazing tho). did the entire level in one run on hard haha, its insanity

just saw some DMC trailers. i dont get everyones problem (as i read a lot about how terrible it was going to be), if anything it looks like the exact same game as always except this time dantes hair isnt white and he has no shirt (oh right he had no shirt in 3 :p). so my complaint is that it is not a reboot :lol:

if its one thing i hate, its 99% of all people who play video games :lol:

I like DMC, but 4 was so fucking short that I am obligated to approach the next title cautiously.

that is a legitimate complaint and i agree, 3 was the pinnacle imo. especially since they let you play as virgil.

1 is also good because it was a case of easy to learn hard to master. then again the combat in 3 was so fluid...

6, 666 posts <3

I use both. Keyboard+Mouse gets used in at least 90% of my gaming, but it's nice to have a controller for certain games. I use it for Darksiders 2 and it's a much better setup for that game. I also use it is game like Shank 1 & 2, any old school emulators and the occasional game that feels better with a controller.

I still use KB+mouse in most 3rd person games too though with exception (like Darksiders). For example I always use Keyboard for the Fable games because I like it better, and any a 3rd person shooter still feels tighter with mouse.

However I still recommend getting a decent USB Playstation or XBOX controller for those times you want it, especially if you like emulators and old school games. I'm very happy to have the option when I want it.

Depends on the 3rd person game. I did well enough in the Witcher with a KB...but I'd like a controller for Darksiders 2.

iron-maiden-rock-pop-%D0%B4%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD-%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%B5%D1%80-221822.png

Keyboard and mouse, but every once in a while there comes a game where you would prefer a controller, and sometimes ones that are just fucking impossible without a controller (ala that absolute shit port of dark souls).