The Gaming Thread

Can someone admit me into a mental hospital once this update for Skyrim is released on the Xbox 360?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394262/skyrim-patch-19-adds-legendary-difficulty-fixes-bugs/

I already have tons of hours logged into this addicting game...

I have not gotten back to Skyrim since my first 150 hours or so haha. I wanted to wait for lots of DLC and some time to pass so the next time I played I would have lots of new content to enjoy. With Dragonborn and Dawnguard released I think the time for slaying Dragons and slaughtering entire villages while completely naked has come.

So yeah, Far Cry 3 is pretty awesome. My only complaint so far is the hardest difficulty isn't all that hard, to the point where I font feel as driven to craft as much stuff as I likely would be if the game made survival a bit harder to maintain.

Yeah I agree. The AI seems to have a bit of a Skyrim dementia where enemies forget everything they see if you give them time. You can literally shoot a man in the face with a fire arrow and remain undetected. I've done it. Still it's just a fun game

AI needs some major tweaking I walked right up onto a Forsworn camp killed everyone except the Forsworn Briarheart, then I sneaked onto him and pick pocketed his heart right out of his chest. Ironically I took them all out without being seen with the Bow.

Are you on console or PC?

finished heart of the swarm. loved it. playing as the zerg felt brutal as always. they added a lot to the single player, played it on hard and loved it. you get kerrigan as a hero unit in many missions, although the do mix it up a few times.
parts of the story were a little too obvious i found, brood war and sc1 kept the kerrigan/raynor story to a minimum :lol:, perhaps im a cynic. hints at lots more and im excited for the protoss campaign.

"they'll shoot down millions of our pods"
"it matters not, we are endless, and will send millions more"

definitely. it has some cheesy moments, but whatever haha. it actually made me want to go back and play the original starcraft. maybe ill sell some diablo gold and get brood war (since both my copies broke somehow).

i dont remember the original voice actor oddly, or maybe i just dont notice the difference. everyone here knows im ignorant as hell :lol:

niki: you should definitely do it if you don't remember the story etc :) some of the later levels in brood war are pretty hard as well, as i know you like a challenge ;) if you buy a new one, remember to add your cd key to battle.net so you can always get the installation files without the cd, it's awesome

Just bought Bioshock 1, Crysis 2/3, Rage and Singularity. :guh:

What do you guys think of these games?

bioshock 1 is a modern day classic imo. great first person shooter, played it through a couple times.
crysis 2, never finished it, looks great and the nano suit is a ton of fun
rage is ok, tries to do too much and ends up being a "jack of all trades, master of none". looks pretty awesome though, but once i finished i uninstalled and never wanted to play again.
singularity is kinda on the short side, but the story is awesome, gameplay is crazy fun, and graphics are pretty great imo. i might play it through again actually, using the time weapon was endless fun, making people age until they die haha

niki: you should definitely do it if you don't remember the story etc :) some of the later levels in brood war are pretty hard as well, as i know you like a challenge ;) if you buy a new one, remember to add your cd key to battle.net so you can always get the installation files without the cd, it's awesome

i think i remember most of the story (can never forget tassadar :(!).

that is a genius idea, i bet i still have the old boxes...

maybe ill sell some diablo gold and get brood war (since both my copies broke somehow).

Brood War is one of the best value expansions I have ever played. Blizzard now opts to wait years and put out a full price 3 part game, back then you got an expansion not even a year after the original with just as much content as the original game for half the price. Seriously, it was awesome. I can't be too harsh as I have not played Heart of the Swarm but SC1/Brood War you got 6 full campaigns total for a good price and almost no wait. Starcraft 1 was not stale at all by the time the expansion came and made it even better, I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over 2 years ago.

Just bought Bioshock 1, Crysis 2/3, Rage and Singularity. :guh:

What do you guys think of these games?

I have only played Bioshock out of those (shame on me for still not playing Crysis 2 or Rage) but it was a solid game for sure. I personally found it to be way over-hyped and overrated but that was the RPG-fan in me feeling disappointed after System Shock 2 blew my mind and Bioshock was a step back in a lot of ways. It looked amazing at the time and it's got great atmosphere, and the gunfights are always fun. It's definitely a game worth playing through a couple times, the environment and setting alone was captivating enough to warrant that.

If you're looking for the second coming of Christ (of gaming) like all the reviews seemed to indicate though, you will be disappointed and wondering why it got so many perfect score reviews. It's really not as good as the crazed critics say. Still, I'd give it a generous 8.0 or maybe 8.5/10.

lil' tassie <3

oh yeah, if you still have the cd-keys it's no problemo!

This is bad, but original Starcraft the key 3333-3333-3333-3333 worked. You couldn't get on bnet but I lost my cd-key at one point and that became my new one, it was a fluke I got got desperate and started trying straight numbers and that worked :lol:. It wouldn't work for your situation, you'd need the old school disc, I just thought I'd share that. My buddies and I would have LAN's using that cd-key, it was a neat find:)

Thanks guys, I played Bioshock a LONG time ago with my cousin but only saw were he was and never tried the game by myself.

I'm also probably going to buy, Killzone 3 ( is this shit? I didn't really like the 2nd one ), Darksiders II, Kingdoms Of Amalur, Dragons Dogma, Far Cry 3, And i'm definitely pre-ordering Metro Last Night FOR PS3!

Brood War is one of the best value expansions I have ever played. Blizzard now opts to wait years and put out a full price 3 part game, back then you got an expansion not even a year after the original with just as much content as the original game for half the price. Seriously, it was awesome. I can't be too harsh as I have not played Heart of the Swarm but SC1/Brood War you got 6 full campaigns total for a good price and almost no wait. Starcraft 1 was not stale at all by the time the expansion came and made it even better, I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over 2 years ago.

This is bad, but original Starcraft the key 3333-3333-3333-3333 worked. You couldn't get on bnet but I lost my cd-key at one point and that became my new one, it was a fluke I got got desperate and started trying straight numbers and that worked :lol:. It wouldn't work for your situation, you'd need the old school disc, I just thought I'd share that. My buddies and I would have LAN's using that cd-key, it was a neat find:)

well you could look at it as starcraft 1 was 3 campaigns of 10 missions each, with a cutscene every 3-4 missions. each SC2 expansion has about 30 missions (or just under, regardless the first mission of every campaign in sc1 is a tutorial haha) and stuff you can read about the story between each, as well as a little movie. then again, the book that came with starcraft had a shit ton of lore in it.
i was expecting an expansion every year tho :/, they promised that at release but it ended up being like 2-3 years. then again were older now so 2-3 years feels like 1 year at age 10 :lol:

but yes, my last save file on wings of liberty (aside from what i played last week) was from 2011 :lol:. then again im the one person who never liked SC multiplayer, probably because im awful at it :lol:

also thats hilarious that works. searched the whole house and cant find my brood war box. probably threw it out. i vividly remember thinking "well this cd hasnt worked in a good 8 years, might as well throw it out"

EDIT: never played system shock, seems like everyone who loved that couldnt get into bioshock. then again im sure im guilty of that too :lol:. i hate when the new system dumbs down the old formula in favor of pretty visuals

Thanks guys, I played Bioshock a LONG time ago with my cousin but only saw were he was and never tried the game by myself.

I'm also probably going to buy, Killzone 3 ( is this shit? I didn't really like the 2nd one ), Darksiders II, Kingdoms Of Amalur, Dragons Dogma, Far Cry 3, And i'm definitely pre-ordering Metro Last Night FOR PS3!

not a fan of killzone, 3 will be more of the same as 2. up to you tho :), lost of people love it

darksiders is great.

kingdoms of amulur...watch out for this one lol. its good but easy as hell sadly. the second town you find (maybe 2-5 hours in) sells the best armor in the game. ok but it usually is busted and has shit mods. by this point youve probably spent 0 gold because of mostly crafting and a great abundance of....everything. so you can afford the sword or the chest armor. save your game and salvage it for parts. save and reload until you get the parts you need, then you can craft endgame armor at super low level. ruined the game for me because in a few hours i was a god XD. not once were enemies able to get me under 80% health, and with a vampie sword, full health forever.
great looking game, really fun game that was easy to exploit and offers very little difficulty

metro is a preorder for me too. first one was awesome playing on ranger mode (you find very little ammo)