The Gaming Thread

Okay fuck the online TES game, I want a new fucking Fallout game before I go apeshit on these fatherfuckers

Common misconception.
Any studio making one game will not take away from another.
There are different teams on different projects.

You pretty much have your "Skyrim team", that is...the people that made Oblivion and Skyrim and whatever they will move onto next.

You have your Fallout 3 team and whatever they are working on now (assumed to be Fallout 4 - this is why that team did not work on New Vegas so they could focus on the true sequel).

And then you have the completely separate (and most likely MASSIVE) Elder Scrolls Online team that probably shares some of the people that worked on those previous games but is most like a brand new team that was formed specifically for that project.

So assuming they are making Fallout 4, TESO or any other game won't affect how long it takes to complete it.

I don't know any of this for sure, but based on past experience with other developers, this is how it always works.

Nice, gotta love Nostalgia. I played Diablo 2 v.1.0 not that long ago, it actually feels completely foreign to me now, in a half cool/half depressing way. What once was can never be again:(

caleb: lord of destruction made d2 a better game imo, as well as the newer patches

but yeah, i can imagine the nostalgia :D

i remember my first character in d2 (necromancer) <3 those were the days

The game patches definitely made it much better. It just plays like an entirely different game and it felt really weird seeing things back to their primitive state.

How do you guys feel about EA being rated the worst company of 2013 for the second time?

I think EA being rated "Worst Company in America" the first time was a crock of shit and gamers should be ashamed to draw attention to EA over the real problems that need to be addressed. That bad press should be going somewhere else. They may have some bad sales methods but I can think of half a dozen companies right off the top of my head that are far worse.

A video game company doesn't intrude and fuck with people's lives. If you don't like how they run their company you can simply not buy anything from them, there problem solved. Bank of America? They destroy people's livelihoods and economy and you can't just choose to not support them to fix the problem. Yet now everyone's attention is on trivial problem because a bunch of whiny raging nerds have to pay $10 to get a shitty DLC they could opt to pirate or ignore entirely until they change their business practices or go under.

As a guy that loves games, EA should not have even cracked the top 10, nor any gaming company. Video games are not real world problems folks... It's not the end of the world if you can't play them, it's an inconvenience at most.

How do you guys feel about EA being rated the worst company of 2013 for the second time?

worst video game company for sure

caleb: lord of destruction made d2 a better game imo, as well as the newer patches

but yeah, i can imagine the nostalgia :D

i remember my first character in d2 (necromancer) <3 those were the days

haha never played :D. did make the worlds worst necromancer tho

I think EA being rated "Worst Company in America" the first time was a crock of shit and gamers should be ashamed to draw attention to EA over the real problems that need to be addressed. That bad press should be going somewhere else. They may have some bad sales methods but I can think of half a dozen companies right off the top of my head that are far worse.

A video game company doesn't intrude and fuck with people's lives. If you don't like how they run their company you can simply not buy anything from them, there problem solved. Bank of America? They destroy people's livelihoods and economy and you can't just choose to not support them to fix the problem. Yet now everyone's attention is on trivial problem because a bunch of whiny raging nerds have to pay $10 to get a shitty DLC they could opt to pirate or ignore entirely until they change their business practices or go under.

As a guy that loves games, EA should not have even cracked the top 10, nor any gaming company. Video games are not real world problems folks... It's not the end of the world if you can't play them, it's an inconvenience at most.

but yeah this generation has no real problems so we make some up. we need a good war, so when im working my decent albeit boring job day in and day out, at least i can think well its still better than that hell i went to 20 years ago.

worst video game company for sure

haha never played :D. did make the worlds worst necromancer tho

ubisoft is somewhere up there as well imo

you really should get lord of destruction then ffs :) my necromancer was pretty suck too :D

The game patches definitely made it much better. It just plays like an entirely different game and it felt really weird seeing things back to their primitive state.

haha, how did you like the tiny stash? :D

Big things come in small packages?

Funny, my first character was also a Necromancer, and my god what a piece of shit he was. I actually had him using some kind of sword and the exceptional version of Plate Mail at one point. I can't remember what the armor is called (Looked it up: Templar Coat) but it's way too fucking heavy for a mid-level single player Necromancer to be using:lol:. What a waste of stat points.

:lol: But of course! That's just what a spindly old man needs, a gigantic maul. That's almost as bad as that Sorc I saw on B.Net using an executioner sword.

i remember at one point i was using a scythe....because i figured necromancer-death-scythe. i think i was summoning skeletons as my main skills :lol:

the part i realized he was total shit though? when i got to diablo. my army of skeletons at my stead, my scythe raised high in the air. THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS I CRIED. and with one mighty stomp diablo killed all my skeletons and took me down to about 20% health.
needless to say it took me a couple hours :lol:

I just maybe nit picking here but I bought BF3 premium for premium features or a map pass if you will. Ok well after I pop it in after a few weeks of being inactive and I see an ad for a Madden game still to this day I still see more ads be it for Most Wanted Sims or Madden and NCAA. I remember seeing an ad for the movie 300 when I was playing Rainbow Six Vegas on Xbox live back in 2006. I would understand the ads if it was paying for EA servers but the fans are buying those so there should be no ads.

I still dont see how I am coming off as whining I just wanted everyone's opinion about EA currently sucking.