The Gaming Thread

I would have been down for this years ago when I had no job and timezone constraints would be non existant

haha yeah, i actually wont know how much time ill have. right now ive got nothing going on. next week i start work 6am-2pm. and now im looking for a chemistry job which will most likely mean moving

well yeah, same here, i just said it because:

1) i wanted to be nice to nicky
2) if i actually had time, it would be lots of fun, but yeah. growing up </3

so i know jocke doesnt like heroes 6, does anyone else? tomb raider and heroes 6 are on sale today :lol:

well yeah, same here, i just said it because:

1) i wanted to be nice to nicky
2) if i actually had time, it would be lots of fun, but yeah. growing up </3

if you wanted to be nice youd spell my name correctly :p

just kidding :lol:

BF4 is not and never was next gen. its the same thing as 3 more or less, just an update. graphics are more or less the same, just new levels and guns. EA says they dont want it to be their version of call of duty, but EA is a pile of shit and thats the only thing they wanted to do :lol:
i dont know that i have the drive to get good at that too, ill probably wait until bf5 or bad company 3 (or please 2143).

I'm so sick of Call of Duty, I wish people would smarten up and stop buying a brand new fucking game for a few new maps and a couple tweaks.

Anyone here remember Half-Life 1? You know the game that people STILL play, because Valve gave the community massive support in creating new content so the game wouldn't get old and stale. Imagine a COD game with a map editor and SDK so the fans could actually preserve the game. Wait that wouldn't make millions each year nevermind, who wants a game that isn't outdated every year? Why can't they at the very least just continue to update and create new maps? Even if it's a cheap DLC. There is no reason to put out the same game and charge people $60 for 6 new maps and a 4 hour single player on the same fucking engine.

Seriously it's ridiculous... Thankfully there are still a couple developers keeping their games alive like Bethesda. God I love those guys, they are the masters of bang for your buck, and that is why I'll ALWAYS buy their games.

so i know jocke doesnt like heroes 6, does anyone else? tomb raider and heroes 6 are on sale today :lol:

if you wanted to be nice youd spell my name correctly :p

bah, you can get heroes 1-5 (complete edition, all expansions) for like 15 usd or less, so why buy h6 :erk: seriously, i do not know where to start regarding that one.
i mean... it has really nice graphics and so, but that's about it. they've simplified everything (in a bad way) compared to the old games and it seems they've tried to make it into some kind of e-sport game, which doesn't work. the old games were never completely balanced, but they were fun.

i can compare with starcraft 2; all maps in sc2 are exactly mirrored and they try to make the races exactly balanced all the time. it works because starcraft is a fast paced real time strategy game.
in heroes 3 for example, your opponent may start closer to another neutral town than you, or have easier guards for his mines etc, but this is what made heroes fun - you never knew what to expect.

rant over :lol:

seriously though, please try heroes 2 or 3 or at least 5 before trying 6 and i think you'll agree :) i love heroes 4 as well, but i seem to be the only one though

oh, dunno why i wrote nicky btw, you're not chilean :lol:

Anyone here remember Half-Life 1?

best fps game evar <3 of the single player ones at least

Call of Duty will be around till the end of time or until there is another video game crash like what happen in the 80s. I knew that when BF4 was announced that we was going to see some teaser for a new COD game later on, and what it will be a blockbuster hit once again.

Although as far a game developers are concerned I have little to no faith in them, maybe with this new generation my faith will be restored.

I remember when I could say hey yea that game company rocks but now not so much.

The only reason it still bugs me is that, despite my shades blocking out all things CoD, the fact that people still buy that shit affects gaming as a whole. Publishers are hearing your message loud and clear, brainless CoD consumer base. Fuck you for infecting the water =/.

hahaha jocke :lol:. see that i can understand, i guess its just me not being able to resist a bargain. i do really want to try heroes 3. oddly enough i told this to my gf and she goes "oh i got 3, its great :D."

my issue i guess is sometimes its hard to go back. i played disciples 3 a couple years back, it was good despite the bugs lol, so i traded some tf2 items (lol preorder shit haha) for disciples 2 gold. its like 6 races and 4 campaigns each. the gameplay is so much better, really feels fleshed out. it actually reminded me of ogre battle 64 in a lot of ways. i havent played it fully though cause eventually you get sick of 1200:640 resolution (or whatever) :lol:

Diablo 2 ladder reset next week. im totally gonna start playing :lol:. problem is i go to bed at like 7-8 central us time XD. i work at 6 so im up at 5 :/

^yes, i dont think its been updated in years, but they still reset the ladder every year or two.

system shock 2 out on steam, is it good? like bioshock but better in every way?

If you dont mind retro graphics it is a very good game. The reason I was disappointed by Bioshock is because of the atandard they set with SS2. Also you will find SHODAN (the antagonist) on basically every list of greatest videogame villains, and for good reason. Bioshock is the prettier, consolized spiritual successor. Like Jocke said it's a scary game too (at least it was on release). Really makes you feel isolated and weak on a ship that seems haunted.

SS2 has a lot of outspoken fans.

The first System Shock game was a game way ahead of its time too, but it has not aged very well. It had shooter and RPG/inventory mechanics way back. Still it was even scarier and bleak but the controls were fucked. It wanted to have full 3D looking and all that but WSAD+free mouselook had not been discovered yet. So you had to click amd drag to look around.

Sup guys, I recently got all the Skyrim DLC's for PS3 and here I am, stuck in the "dragonborn" DLC, which to be honest, so far is the most boring piece of shit DLC I've ever played. So i'm in the "path of knowledge" up to where you get the 2nd part of the "dragon aspect" shout, its like a little island with vast seas of serpents everywhere, with the door that took me here, closed, so where the fuck do I go?