The Gaming Thread

holy fuck rogue legacy on steam. new game, most nostalgic/best game ive played in a long long time. randomly generated dungeon, dying means you start over and it generates a new dungeon, you keep your gold and levels to upgrade your descendants. every death sets you back, but the gold means youre better off every time.

so far ive found theres about 6 classes, been playing for hours and ive only got half the first row (of about 5) of weapons and armor unlocked.

said a man the first time he ate chinese food :lol:

killer instinct coming back. sounds cool. although xbox was also in charge of a perfect dark sequel if i remember :p

Yeah that didn't turn out so great...

Man whatever happened to Rare (The Game Studio)? They used to create some of the best games up until the end of N64. Seriously they were breaking all kind of boundries since early SNES days with Donkey Kong and by the end of the N64 Era had created some of the most iconic and greatest games ever put on a console. Now they produce stuff that is pretty much swept under the rug and generally not worth remembering. :(

Yeah that didn't turn out so great...

Man whatever happened to Rare (The Game Studio)? They used to create some of the best games up until the end of N64. Seriously they were breaking all kind of boundries since early SNES days with Donkey Kong and by the end of the N64 Era had created some of the most iconic and greatest games ever put on a console. Now they produce stuff that is pretty much swept under the rug and generally not worth remembering. :(

man i dunno how, but my dad was on some secret nintendo mailing list. still got a vhs tape of the making of donkey kong country. its amazing to me they got the snes running pseudo 3d games.

we also had a secret dossier detailing an upcoming game, i remember thinking wow this looks super cool, james bond in goldeneye? that movie was cool, bet the game will be fun.

That would have been awesome. Did he subscribe to Nintendo Power or something? I watched that video on youtube and it was really interesting. You have to love that there are bananas everywhere and nobody actually responds to their presence :lol:

I mean PDZ wasn't great neither was it terrible but what would you expect from first party release titles. It is like no one gave the game a chance. I jumped on the Xbox 360 bandwagon right in 2006 was people iffy about current gen just like they are about next gen? Come to think of it I have not even beat that game I mainly played the multi player till the game started dying and never got around to it...

That would have been awesome. Did he subscribe to Nintendo Power or something? I watched that video on youtube and it was really interesting. You have to love that there are bananas everywhere and nobody actually responds to their presence :lol:

hahaha i did eventually, but not at the time i received these haha.

So... Anyone played The Last of Us? I don't even have a PS3 so I'll never play it but I'm curious if it is as awesome as the critics say or just another case of critics going insane and over-hyping like they tend to do in some frenzy of excitement. It's contagious with them (see: Bioshock)