The Gaming Thread

So... Anyone played The Last of Us? I don't even have a PS3 so I'll never play it but I'm curious if it is as awesome as the critics say or just another case of critics going insane and over-hyping like they tend to do in some frenzy of excitement. It's contagious with them (see: Bioshock)

its pretty good actually. although it always seems to be the same thing, get into a room full of zombies, stealth kill as many as you can, use your last bullet to kill the insta kill zombies. with humans, strangle as many as you can, kill the rest with rifle. or take one as a hostage, then you can shoot one, then blow his brain out

level design is very meh, combat is easy stealth with some firefights. story is fairly cool, kinda children of men like.
the prologue will sell you on it though

anyone playing dota2?

quoted wrong one. :lol:

1600 hours. just finished writing a guide for hardcore witch doctor :)

im aware of its limitations :p, its had 8 patches though, will be like D2 in a year :lol:

I will be 37 on Friday, yet I am playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Ugh
my sister plays that lol (we both have hundreds of hours in the gamecube one

1600 hours?! Dude you are around where I imagine my Diablo 2 hours were and I was obsessed. Too bad D2 didn't count your hours but I spent about 4 hours a day for like a year and a half. I think it would probably take me 10 years to log that many hours now. :lol:

In short you are obsessed! You need to give me your username and password immediately.

1600 hours. just finished writing a guide for hardcore witch doctor :)

im aware of its limitations :p, its had 8 patches though, will be like D2 in a year :lol:

omg :D i've like 65 hours or something, and i think that's a lot :lol: dunno if that says more about my time than yours or the other way around, haha

it will be like d2? one of the best games evar? cool :kickass:

anyway, if you wanna play sometime (unless it lags shitpenis canada->sweden) give me a shout on steam or something :)

theyve already done an item overhaul, but theres still lots of shit legends and bad itemization. the next patch is basically going to be an expansion almost haha. theyre doing a change not only to legends, but adding in new ones and sets to encourage more diversity. on top of that, theyre also getting rid of all the clutter (white and blue items) and making rares more meaningful, less drops but better ones overall. theyve also hinted at adding in new gems and runewords.
theres also been lots of talk about them getting rid of peoples reliance on the auction house and making the game totally playable solo, self found, whatever you want to call it (possibly a self found mode where legends would apply directly to your class)

and yeah, at my peak i was #11 in north america ;), alive that is, counting dead characters i was around 25. widely regarded as one of the best docs on the server. hardcore of course, so no real money auction house access.

1600 hours since release i think is roughly 4 hours a day haha. ive had maybe 20 days not playing total since release

I can't remember if I already posted this but it's awesome.

5923_387048371399494_1040983049_n.png

theyve already done an item overhaul, but theres still lots of shit legends and bad itemization. the next patch is basically going to be an expansion almost haha. theyre doing a change not only to legends, but adding in new ones and sets to encourage more diversity. on top of that, theyre also getting rid of all the clutter (white and blue items) and making rares more meaningful, less drops but better ones overall. theyve also hinted at adding in new gems and runewords.
theres also been lots of talk about them getting rid of peoples reliance on the auction house and making the game totally playable solo, self found, whatever you want to call it (possibly a self found mode where legends would apply directly to your class)

and yeah, at my peak i was #11 in north america ;), alive that is, counting dead characters i was around 25. widely regarded as one of the best docs on the server. hardcore of course, so no real money auction house access.

1600 hours since release i think is roughly 4 hours a day haha. ive had maybe 20 days not playing total since release

oooh, you're talking about diablo 3 while i'm talking about dota 2 :p why would anyone play diablo 3 for 1600 hours :erk: