The Gaming Thread

Well I think I've said this like 3 times now, but I finally did start playing the Assassin's Creed series. Someone told me to skip the first one because it's not that great but I don't think I could do that and not feel like I missed something. Plus I don't want to go through 2 and 3 and then go back to the first for history and find it's lame after playing the later games.

All I can say as of now is that this is not at all what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be all medieval and old world stuff, and when I was still in the main menu I kept thinking "This look more like a Deus Ex style menu, what am I missing here?". Well the concept does make sense and I can see a lot of potential for connecting multiple games, I was just really surprised by the futuristic intro and concept.

Hopefully I don't do my usual thing and get bored and drop it before I finish, I've been doing a lot of that lately unless a game really hooks me in and I want to see it through.:)

ac1 is bad compared to the rest. it is set in the future, but you go back to view the memories of the past to track this shit down. ac1 is very repetative, i would suggest if you want the story, dont bother with sidequests or anything.

the second is very good. the third is boring as fuck lol.

Well I stuck with AC1 for quite a bit but I see what you mean by repetitive. I started getting bored after I realized you spend a majority of your time travelling on horse and having to go to low priority evrrytime you see a guard. The combat is fun but a bit of a joke you can just kill the shit out of like 15 guards at once and there is virtually no consequence to it. It makes the idea of sneaking past anyone totally pointlees, in fact killing anything that moves seems to be the best solution to any barricade.

So I thought Id give AC2 a look, it does seem to be more streamlined and has more to do. It is very similar but a bit more focused and with less repetition. Also a much better story, Ezio's story actually draws you in while I dont even know who AC1's protagonist is really. It just throws you into his shoes.

i wasnt going to say this, i really promised myself i wouldnt ruin it.

if you use the counterattack in any assassins creed game, you will be a god. its dead easy too, and beyond over-powered. i had trouble with the bosses because all i could do was counter

allright :) maybe i'll try it sometime after i've finished tomb raider

how is tomb raider?

im at 1850 hours in diablo 3 :p. i hate myself.

on the brightside, loot 2.0 is announced. were getting ladders, smart drops for your character, less shitty clutter like whites and blues, more good drops and upgrades. more interesting loot properties. its already been datamined a bunch so the info is mostly available now.

its funny, d3 sucked so much at launch, nothing like d2. and now after a year and a half theyre gonna revert most of it to D2 lol.

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed. as soon as I figured out counter attack battles turned into a bit of a joke, which is why I literally forced my way in anywhere with annoying guards. Why sneak around when you can own them in 10 seconds flat and no one seems to care. AC2 has notoriety at least but you can still kick the shit out a bunch of guards and take down two posters and you're good to go. At least it's a bit tougher to counter, the window seems to be tightened up.

Smart move making D3 more like D2, now if they just get rid of that horrible RMAH I might play it.

Yep, the counter attack system in the AC games (that I played) was way too easy to abuse / dulled game play GREATLY. One of those things I hate stumbling upon.

how is tomb raider?

im at 1850 hours in diablo 3 :p. i hate myself.

on the brightside, loot 2.0 is announced. were getting ladders, smart drops for your character, less shitty clutter like whites and blues, more good drops and upgrades. more interesting loot properties. its already been datamined a bunch so the info is mostly available now.

its funny, d3 sucked so much at launch, nothing like d2. and now after a year and a half theyre gonna revert most of it to D2 lol.

haven't played it alot yet (playing dota too much), but from what i have played it's really nice :) i'm guessing it's pretty similiar to the uncharted series.

you should. :3

sounds like some good changes. i agree with caleb regarding the rmah. if the expansion is any good i actually might give d3 a try again. although i don't like the skill system. or the dialogue. or the fact that the item system feel more like wow than diablo. damn you blizzard :(