The Gaming Thread

Going to be doing my virgin run of Dark Souls here soon. Working out kinks with my connection and twitch.tv so I can stream my suffering for others to revel in.

It's not as hard as some people make it out to be, it's just unforgiving. It's definitely a very fair game, when I died I can honestly say it was my own fuck up and not some broken game mechanic. It's a game that you have to take your time with and use some strategy. Most enemies can be killed without recieving any damage (even some of the bigger ones) if you catch their patterns and evade/block appropriately.

That said, it's still a fucking bitch of a game and most bosses WILL kill you at least once or twice before you can start taking them apart a piece at a time. That's what makes it so rewarding and I think that's why so many people really enjoy it. Also once you find a weapon that has a move set that you are really comfortable with (everyone likes a different weapon because they all have different Moves/Damage/speeds/ranges) and you have some skill you will be able to utterly crush most enemies without slowing down.

Just make sure to level up as soon as you have enough souls(exp points), if you have doubts about an upcoming area you should ALWAYS backtrack as far as you have to so you can spend your souls and level up, or you might lose them. Leveling up is a real pain later in the game so you should never waste a chance to level up.

Going to be doing my virgin run of Dark Souls here soon. Working out kinks with my connection and twitch.tv so I can stream my suffering for others to revel in.

just finished it, one of the best rpgs ever. wasnt big on the ending but the rest of it makes up for it hahaha. now for NG+ and making more characters

i love that you can make any build work with a little planning, im currently a paladin :p, heavy armor, mace, greatshield and lightning arrow/heal

just finished it, one of the best rpgs ever. wasnt big on the ending but the rest of it makes up for it hahaha. now for NG+ and making more characters

i love that you can make any build work with a little planning, im currently a paladin :p, heavy armor, mace, greatshield and lightning arrow/heal
A

Yeah, I'm absolutely loving it. I haven't been able to go balls to the wall with it like I wanted due to a busy holiday season and juggling other games, but the time I have put in has felt insanely rewarding. I just finished the gaping Dragon last night, first boss in the game I beat on the first attempt. She was ridiculously easy in comparison to the other encounters, just time consuming (though I could see how an overzealous player would get fucked over by her, I would also assume the rest of the game would had corrected their play style or caused them to quit by that point.)

I love it, it's the perfect kind of difficult. The game is constantly teaching you, and not with same lame ass tutorials, but with unforgiving game play. It lets you do what you want to, and it doesn't give a shit, or tell you if what you're doing is shooting yourself in the foot until it happens.

yup, my first few characters sucked and ultimately fell short but now ive got a couple good ones.

my cleric is undefeated in pvp haha, wrath of the gods is op

edit: is adam still mad about skyrim or was that 5 years ago?