The Gaming Thread

I almost forgot about that. Is that the same system you were talking about way back? I seem to recall it being worse :lol:.

Yeah honestly you are better off starting from scratch. Salvage the parts that don't change performance much like your Hard Drive, keyboard, and monitor (if it's satisfactory) and if possible you could gut the case and use that too as long as it doesn't have a weird HP specific design. If that case is especially small (I didn't check the dimensions) then I'd skip it, but if it's large enough to fit a standard Mainboard it's re-usable. I guess that is optional but personally I try to save on those type of things so I can get more powerful internal hardware. That mouse isn't very nice for gaming though not sure if I'd keep that.

If you have a decent budget ($800 as you said) you should forget the prospect of upgrading parts, the best thing you can do when buying a computer is getting all new parts and try to be future ready. I always find a way to get hardware advanced enough that it will allow me to game as full settings without lag for 5 years or so, and then you can choose to upgrade a couple parts as you go or start over again. Not sure if others here agree with that but it's how I do it.

PSU on top.
471025_10150827363158923_430991618_o-1.jpg

That's actually fairly normal, especially in older towers. Most of my towers had the Power supply on the top until more recently when a bottom mount became the standard.

Looking for more to throw at my new PC in order to try and test its limits. I've done Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Sleeping Dogs all at 1080p maxed everything and the only one to bring it below a good, steady 60 fps is Sleeping Dogs, which hovers between 35 and 55 in city chases.

You know the old saying right? "If you didn't buy it why are you complaining about shit business discussions?" I bought it so when or if things go tits up I will have a "right" to complain. I had stated that I would buy it probably if they reversed those stupid DRM restrictions on those games.

Well guys, the time has come for me to give Mask of Majora another shot. It's long been a game I really disliked because it always felt like Zelda in a cage to me (time limits, resets in a series I want to be open). It's also a game that has divided fans a lot with one side disappointed after the masterpiece that is OoT, and the other refreshed by the change to the formula.

So tonight (maybe tomorrow) I will go in full throttle again and this time I will have a more open mind. I've played tons of open world Zelda games now now and maybe I can let go of the malice I had for Majora's Mask when it strayed from what I wanted more of so long ago. Does anyone have any positive points to keep me interested in the game should I lose my resolve?! :lol:

majoras mask was awesome, however i played it through with a guide, forever ruining it for myself. been meaning to forget everything and replay.

adam, you love torturing yourself dont you :p

I told a friend of mine how pissed off I am at Bethesda with how they done Skyrim he looked at me like I didn't have sense. How many of you are actually getting TES Online? I recently sold my copy of Oblivion and Skyrim at a local game store that gave me much more than Gamestop would have. I sold them because I wont supporting Bethesda anymore due to the fact that they released a broke game and handled the DLC fiasco very poorly. That is why I sold two of my games. Even though I promised myself I would never sell a game, that I would collect them no matter what.