The Gaming Thread

yeah i suppose thats fair. every topic is the "barely on a topic" thread

btw looked it up, tunisia :D

Always nice when the avatars actually make sense that one month of the year. :lol:. I prefered Ogre Battle for SNES but that was the version I played first so I'm biased.

fair, that one was good too. although i was spoiled on my first playthrough. found a mother fucking crown on the third level.

made a princess

decimated game :lol:. love when the random number generator picks in my favor :p

Well, just ordered all the parts to my new desktop minus the SSD i'll be getting and DAC.

Kept it cheap, but am confident with the build.

White Enermax Hoplite ST Mid Tower Computer Case, Integrated 3-Step Fan Speed Controller, Front USB 3.0, w/ Dual 120mm Fans, P/N: ECA3261-W (Model:ECA3261-W)

MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS (Model:970A-G46)

MSI R7850-2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (Model:R7850-2GD5/OC)

RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch (Model:RX-630SS)

AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX (Model:FD8350FRHKBOX)

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL (Model:F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL)

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive (Model:ST1000DM003)

Using an old ssd for a bit then ordering a new one, and i'm saving up for a DAC / AMP that will be around 500 bucks.

Awesome. Nothing like putting a brand new computer together and booting it up for the first time. First thing I always do is fire up the most intense game I can think of and try to defeat my computer by making it lag. When you can't make it lag it's a great feeling :)

Except Diablo 2... That game STILL lags at random points. No wonder it was such a brutal game to run properly when it came out, it's bad engine design!

I am thinking about giving that HP I bought to my Mother she just does internet stuff and that is it. I might see what 800$ can buy me so I can build my own PC. I like cases with LEDs and the ones that I can see inside of. More LEDs the better :lol: I am also getting into PC gaming here soon so if the next gen console stuff keels over I will have something of relevance to fall back on.

Word of advice, don't waste part of your budget on a fancy ass case if it is limited. Just get a case that is roomy enough for you to install things without issue and worry about performance, not LED's.

$800 should get you a pretty nice gaming rig, you want to focus as much as possible on Video card and Processor. Oh and of course a compatible motherboard, but as long as it has full compatibility with all your parts you can afford to cheap out a LITTLE bit if you have to. I usually go mid-range on the Mainboard and high-end on the CPU/Video card. All other parts like RAM and HDD you can buy at your discretion, but putting extra money towards those parts only gives minimal improvements, where an extra $50 towards CPU/Video can give you a 25%+ boost.

Adam, if you're serious about making a rig here lets formulate a build for you on here so you can order it before new eggs black Friday deals are done, 800 dollars will take you far these days, especially with the sales going on atm.