The Gaming Thread

Made a new character, and got invaded by a hacker that was wearing the Smoug armor / hammer. Beat him after like, 20 minutes of back stabs, but he managed to turn me into a dragon somehow...

:lol:! Wtf man. Usually that's a quest thing. Having never played online I don't know if that's supposed to be possible but I doubt it.

Yeah, its not supposed to be, it was purely a hacker move, which made it that much more satisfying windling him down and finishing him.

On my main, I invaded the world of some guy that hit me once and it applied the basilisk curse and egghead infection. Because of how far advanced that character of mine was, it wasn't a huge deal but it was pretty upsetting just imagining a hacker doing that to someone on a fresh start. I'm going to apply punkbuster so I can weed out these people.

Is there any game breaking glitches in the console version? I dont want to have a steaming pile of fail like Skyrim did me with bugs and glitches.

No, it was actually the other way around, for this one. People had to apply a fix to get the PC version to a playable state, as it was initially made only for consoles, and the port to PC was rushed to all hell. Because of that, hacks like the one I mentioned above are unfortunately a thing in the PC version. Given the fact that so many people on PC overcame that to enjoy the game speaks volumes of the games quality, though. They are optimizing the second one for PC as well, now.

Honestly the PC version plays really well too. I never had a glitch of any kind that I can recall. The issue people were having is that for some reason the developers did not raise the games internal resolution from console so it looked a little blocky even if you adjusted your screen resolution. (not the same as internal resolution). However an easy patch was released like two days later to fix it and make it look very good. The problem is the controls. If you have a gamepad Dark Souls on PC plays perfect and looks bettr. The mouse keyboard setup is a mess thpugh. It just does not work that well for the game

Honestly the PC version plays really well too. I never had a glitch of any kind that I can recall. The issue people were having is that for some reason the developers did not raise the games internal resolution from console so it looked a little blocky even if you adjusted your screen resolution. (not the same as internal resolution). However an easy patch was released like two days later to fix it and make it look very good. The problem is the controls. If you have a gamepad Dark Souls on PC plays perfect and looks bettr. The mouse keyboard setup is a mess thpugh. It just does not work that well for the game

It plays well if you use a controller, yes. Maybe you were lucky, but my copy was suffered from unplayable frame rate drops and crashes without DSfix, it wasn't just to help it look better on my end.

BTW the dragon form disappeared upon me dying.

So I started playing Resident Evil 5 this weekend, haven't played any resident evil game since Code Veronica and thought it would be cool to check it out....I am really disappointed that they have turned the Resident Evil series into some sad gears of war-style shooter and taken away all the elements of horror and survival...No fuck this shit I will just go back and play Resident Evil 2 again...

I still have not played anything past code veronica. I always hear how good RE4 is but I guesd I was not that interested in the change. Even when I did a marathon recently I stopped when I finished Code Veronica. Great series still, especially RE2

It is not a bad game at all really and you can play through The game in Co-op mode which is awesome but like Jocke says The RE games should be more about puzzles, survival and well...horror!

Early Silent Hill > early Resident Evil. Mid- life Resident Evil > Mid Life Silent Hill, Modern Silent Evil and modern Resident Hill are equally disappointing.

can't you just get it on steam? or some console equivalent?

Yes, that's what I did. Still had to apply a 3rd party fix though after the fact to have it run at all. The game is great, though, and with the fix runs fine.

silent hill 2 is defo better than the others, silent hill downpour was significantly harder than any of the others. and resi 6? cant say much good about that game. wish they'd get rid of the chapter mechanics and go back to old style, coz the chapter thing just breaks up the whole story and not in a good way either.