The Gaming Thread

silent hill 2 is defo better than the others, silent hill downpour was significantly harder than any of the others. and resi 6? cant say much good about that game. wish they'd get rid of the chapter mechanics and go back to old style, coz the chapter thing just breaks up the whole story and not in a good way either.

I never got around to playing Downpour, but I planned to as I eventually play every Silent Hill game. Is it note worthy for anything other than difficulty?

downpour was good, i really liked it. SH2 was insanity

im the 82nd person to get to p100 on demon hunter in diablo 3 hardcore lol.

ill let you know if the no auction house expansion is a flop. could go either way

#speakingofbadgames

i tried dota2 again, had no idea what i was doing :lol:

path of exile is fun

starbound is really good. like terreria except, broader in scope i suppose.

blackguards is a good tactics game, price is a bit much (then again i dont feel like ive even really started the game lol, so it could be really long :lol:)

:lol: I had the same response as Jocke, I thoguht maybe Adam was drunk. It was indeed a typo. Cloud*

And I am definitely not a fan of streaming games. If I can't have some sort of copy or a disc I definitely am not interested. Steam is about as far as I'm willing to bend when it comes to owning content. Even Steam bothers me sometimes, I don't like having to be online to access my games, and I don't like not being able to make a backup so I don't have to rely on someone else's servers. I don't expect this to happen but what if something catastrophic happens to Valve and Steam goes out of business? Suddenly all my games are gone, sure I can get my CD-Key for a lot but that's not much to work with. Not to mention the latency issues.

I also like to have the files on my computer so I can tinker with them and fuck my game up (or mod successfully if I do it right :lol: )

I do understand the logic behind it, especially for people that don't want to buy an expensive computer. You could theoretically play a high end game at top settings on a piece of crap because it's actually running somewhere else and you're just receiving the video. Still I think it's probably a bad idea, and again the latency and online requirements.

One thing that scares me about cloud gaming is the fact that they can remove elements of the game at will. Take The Saboteur for example. Remember when you could download some DLC from Xbox Live that would offer mini games? Well that DLC is gone and even if you find a new copy of the game you cannot get the DLC with the code. It will say some random garbage like "Disconnected from the EA servers". I am worried that there wont be any ownership of what you buy.

Well I tried Starbound after a couple people have recommended it. I was having a good time with it, and I even got lucky enough to have a really nice high tech abandoned base spawn right next to my starting point on the map. It had several rooms, a bunch of decorations and several doors , one of which actually lead underground so I had a safe mining place beneath my new base of operations.

Suddenly several gigantic meteors drop out of the sky directly on top of my base and blow it the fucking pieces, killing me in the wreckage! :lol:. All I managed to salvage from the bigass crater was two of the doors and my crafting table. So it's going well.

both look pretty good. my friend told me he got a little baked and played titanfall and it was one of the best times hes ever had online. take that with a grain of salt XD.

logged into euro D3 for the first time XD, had 2 friend requests, one from bnet forums (guy has not signed in for 150 days :p) and the other was jocke ^_^. made me laugh