The Gaming Thread

lol @ adam. just get something like a xbox controller for the pc, and an emulator. it's easier and will look better.

anyway, i decided to give diablo 3 another try fo realz. so i bought reaper of souls a couple of days ago. i must say they have fixed a lot of the stuff that i found irritating or bad since i last played it, and i found the game much more enjoyable to play (i'm at around lvl 17-ish though, so it's not like i've played a whole lot yet). i actually found 2 uniques (uh, legendaries?) already :) i really like the new difficulty system as well, reminiscent of the old "/players x" from diablo 2 system
some of the increase in enjoyment may stem from the fact that i don't give a fuck about the story now and just press "esc" everytime an NPC tries to tell me something :lol: i have yet to try out act 5, but i'll do that with one of my old characters probably, so i can just skip through the act with my new made one later, haha.

tl;dr: good job at making diablo fun again blizzard!

Civilization is awesome. Civ 4 was probably the best one, 5 dumbed some things down they shouldn't have but still a solid game. I heard the expansion pack fixes a lot of the shortcomings.

Anyone ever played Galactic Civilizations 2? I love that game, it's like Masters of Orion but slicker.

lol @ adam. just get something like a xbox controller for the pc, and an emulator. it's easier and will look better.

anyway, i decided to give diablo 3 another try fo realz. so i bought reaper of souls a couple of days ago. i must say they have fixed a lot of the stuff that i found irritating or bad since i last played it, and i found the game much more enjoyable to play (i'm at around lvl 17-ish though, so it's not like i've played a whole lot yet). i actually found 2 uniques (uh, legendaries?) already :) i really like the new difficulty system as well, reminiscent of the old "/players x" from diablo 2 system
some of the increase in enjoyment may stem from the fact that i don't give a fuck about the story now and just press "esc" everytime an NPC tries to tell me something :lol: i have yet to try out act 5, but i'll do that with one of my old characters probably, so i can just skip through the act with my new made one later, haha.

tl;dr: good job at making diablo fun again blizzard!

if i may make a humble suggestion. finish act 5 right away, dont listen to the story, just put it on normal or something and gun it for the end.
once youre done you can do adventure mode, which is essentially all 5 acts with random quests or bounties (and 0 story). they reward you with rift coins, tons of xp, and you can get special legends/uniques from them. rifts are like the randomest thing possible, literally random maps with random enemies and elites from all acts, then a random boss (theres now like 20 bosses that are rift specfic). all rifts have double legendary drop rate :)

theres tons of game changer legends now too, almost all of them are like "X now does something super cool instead of being a useless skill". plus the enchanter can change one property of any item to something else. so if your weapon is godly but has no socket, change vitality or something to socket haha

level 70 is nuts too :lol:. im having a blast this season just for the "start over fresh" factor.

if i may make a humble suggestion. finish act 5 right away, dont listen to the story, just put it on normal or something and gun it for the end.
once youre done you can do adventure mode, which is essentially all 5 acts with random quests or bounties (and 0 story). they reward you with rift coins, tons of xp, and you can get special legends/uniques from them. rifts are like the randomest thing possible, literally random maps with random enemies and elites from all acts, then a random boss (theres now like 20 bosses that are rift specfic). all rifts have double legendary drop rate :)

theres tons of game changer legends now too, almost all of them are like "X now does something super cool instead of being a useless skill". plus the enchanter can change one property of any item to something else. so if your weapon is godly but has no socket, change vitality or something to socket haha

level 70 is nuts too :lol:. im having a blast this season just for the "start over fresh" factor.

yeah, i'm playing adventure mode now :) i did enjoy act 5 a lot more storywise than the rest of the story though, act 5 is good all in all! adventure mode is excellent though, first thing they've done better in d3 than d2 imo. game's fun again!

Niki I wish we had played Diablo 2 together, we would have owned all of battle.net. I played D2 in the same way you clearly play D3. I only knew a handful of people that could match me in PvP or PVM on US East and I did not use any dupes or hacked items. Those accounts were deleted long ago :(

haha me too, i knew all the best players before reaper of souls (and i still know a lot of top tier ones, im actually clan leader of the 6th highest level clan in NA), theres still lots of players that will cite me as the best witch doc in hardcore lol (which is saying a lot considering i never bought gold, but i did sell what i found). i can solo torment 6 and give away free bounty caches to the clans lower levels.

i wish pvp was to the death haha