The Gaming Thread

Review?

Also, anyone else playing GTA V?

I will be playing it after I get some more RAM :p

My buddy got it on release last night from a preorder and he says it plays fantastically. But make sure you are well above the minimum specs because otherwise it won't run too well - only at like 30 fps. Anyway, it has no problems like IV had. Runs great, he says :)

I will be playing it after I get some more RAM :p

My buddy got it on release last night from a preorder and he says it plays fantastically. But make sure you are well above the minimum specs because otherwise it won't run too well - only at like 30 fps. Anyway, it has no problems like IV had. Runs great, he says :)

Kind of ironic that I have a mighty PC (4690K, 32GB RAM, 2x R9 290) but the only game I play on it is counter strike :\

^This is actually an interesting truth in some games. I remember playing Unreal Tournament 3 for the first time and the graphics were so busy and slick that it actually made it a lot harder to see your targets and aim quickly. Turning the settings way down made players stand out from all of the other graphical nonsense they used to blend into on highest settings. Turns out the game still sucked though. :mad:

Turns out the game still sucked though. :mad:

:lol:

But seriously, if you want to stop sucking at fps games (well, at least CS) disable all motion blures, light, antyaliasing and shit like that.
Back in 1.5 if you had the lowest setting it gave advantage with the smoke granades.

^This is actually an interesting truth in some games. I remember playing Unreal Tournament 3 for the first time and it the graphics were so busy and slick that it actually made it a lot harder to see your targets and aim quickly. Turning the settings way down made players stand out from all the other graphical nonsense they used to blend into on highest settings. Turns out the game still sucked though. :mad:

I think Mass Effect 2 was the best game of the trilogy, but I really loved ME3 also. I say stick with it, it really was a fantastic trilogy. The ending wasn't the best, but it still got me a bit teared up at the end. :cry:

I think Mass Effect 2 was the best game of the trilogy, but I really loved ME3 also. I say stick with it, it really was a fantastic trilogy. The ending wasn't the best, but it still got me a bit teared up at the end. :cry:

Quote fail. :lol:

I am definitely sticking with it. I never planned to stop playing, I was just a bit underwhelmed by the first 2 hours of ME3. I experienced a lot of weird glitches, artifacts, and model clipping during animations. I am happy to report that as I played more the glitches seemed to become less common. I am enjoying it.

I would like to note that part of my initial annoyance was due to how much uglier my character became between ME2 and ME3. I played as a Female Shepard for the first time and she went from a hottie to a mongoloid between games! :mad:

But that's a minor nitpick :lol:

Well get new games! At least you can run counter strike in amazing graphics though :lol:
Well, I HAVE a ton of new games, I just don't play them (yes, i'm retarded)
I can effortlessly max out CSGO at 1440p, but I don't because of the reasons below.

But if you play CS on highest settings you are not doing yourself a favour. Play on lowest - youll see more and kill more.

Yes, I know, it's basically because the graphics become blockier and tend to stand out more. :D

:lol:

But seriously, if you want to stop sucking at fps games (well, at least CS) disable all motion blures, light, antyaliasing and shit like that.
Back in 1.5 if you had the lowest setting it gave advantage with the smoke granades.

That was when you used 16-bit colors, which was illegal in tournaments and leagues. The smokes didn't render properly. Although with 32-bit color and shitty settings, you could still use the LCD trick to see under smokes (and you can do that till this day).

I rarely buy a game on its release date. I will often wait a month or more depending on how much I want to play the game.

haha, i don't have quite as good a pc, but i feel you. i only play dota 2 and heroes 3 :lol:

You seem to hold Heroes 3 in the same regard as I hold Doom and Diablo 2. After years of playing them I still install them consistently and play them on a semi-regular basis.

I actually installed Heroes 3 a long time ago and never got to playing it, but I am literally about to start it up. It looks like fun and I already have it installed anyway. :kickass:

yeah, it's definitely up there with diablo 2 :) both favourite games of mine, although i never play d2 anymore nowadays. try it out and see if you like it! it's pretty addictive; "just one more turn and then i'll go to bed"

@powerblade: heroes 7 is in the making :lol: plz get it right this time ubisoft