The Gaming Thread

looking forward to the new starcraft 2 expansion! just for the campaign obviously, i'm way too shitty to play dat shit online nowadays

I've been playing Starcraft multiplayer since Wings of Liberty, and seriously the last 2 years with Heart of the Swarm (Gold league Protoss). Legacy of the Void is going to change up the multiplayer big time, the game will start much faster (start with 12 workers instead of 6) and minerals run out faster so you will have to expand more often. It's going to be a whole new game even for people that have been playing it for years, you should give it a try. Also, there is a new 'Archon' mode where 2 players control the same army. One does production and the other one micros the units. That could help you ease into the game also.

I know it's a really tough game to get into, but once you start to learn it and you win a intense 1v1 match, the feeling you get from that is hard to match in gaming.

Yeah, its a stressful game for sure I get very bad ladder anxiety. Gotta have a couple beers before I play to relax or my nerves are just too much and I can't think straight and get the shakes. I shouldn't play it cause it rattles my nerves so bad, but I'm addicted.

I blame Starcraft for my raging alcoholism. :kickass:

Lmao. Starcraft nervous breakdowns. The most intense match I had nearly killed me too. It was a 4 player free for all that dragged on for 2 hours because we were so evenly matched. I managed to kill two players myself but got just barely beaten by the last guy after about 30 minutes of both of us trying to pump out a barebones army faster than the other.

I had an adrenaline rush for hours after that. It was almost a high after I stopped playing, kind of euphoric. :lol: I agree it is hard to match SC for those kinds of intense moments.

You dont know the thrill guys when you are defusing the bomb in CS and you hear that terro dude is coming at you and you are literally battling against time when its 15:14.
And then you defuse the bomb 0,001 s before you get AK bullet in the head.

I had an adrenaline rush for hours after that. It was almost a high after I stopped playing, kind of euphoric. :lol: I agree it is hard to match SC for those kinds of intense moments.

Really really is, that's why I can't stop playing even if should. You still play at all?

Nah not really. I can't play at a competitive level anymore since I have not played a proper multiplayer match in many years, but I do occasionally fire up the campaign or play against a few bots. The computer isn't much of a challenge but I'd get smoked on Battle.net now. I can't even remember the hotkeys.

Usually I am Zerg, sometimes Protoss. I don't care for Terrans, their unit roster is boring and I don't like how they play in general.

Usually I am Zerg, sometimes Protoss. I don't care for Terrans, their unit roster is boring and I don't like how they play in general.

I agree, I used to play Terran in WoL and made the switch to Protoss 2 years ago and made me like the game a lot more.

Well let's do some team games sometime, Team Bloodbath! :headbang:

The sad part here is this whole time I am thinking about SC1 and I am pretty sure you guys ate talking SC2:lol:. They play very similar but I still usually play the first even though both are installed.

looking forward to the new starcraft 2 expansion! just for the campaign obviously, i'm way too shitty to play dat shit online nowadays

me too man, starcraft single player fo life

#starcraft singles

im just straight not good at the micro or macro lol. i also play every race like the skank i am. if i had to pick id probably go protoss just cause i love sneaking a mothership in and crushing bases

I was playing Age of Empires 3 in single player and I got really good with the Brits, I would defeat the AI in single player on hard very easily. Then when I tried it online I found out how incredibly shitty I was... Like so bad that the other players reached age IV and I'd still be in I or II :erk: