The Gaming Thread

me too man, starcraft single player fo life

#starcraft singles

im just straight not good at the micro or macro lol. i also play every race like the skank i am. if i had to pick id probably go protoss just cause i love sneaking a mothership in and crushing bases

The thing with Starcraft and most RTS is that the campaign just does not prepare you for the multiplayer. You get the very basics out of campaign, but multiplayer is much faster paced and difficult. You need to learn basic build orders depending on which race you're going against, and also which unit counters what, how to scout, not get supply blocked, the list goes on and on. Everyone sucks ass at micro/macro when first starting out, shit I was in Bronze league for almost a year, but if you put in the time it becomes one of the most rewarding games you can play.

I was playing Age of Empires 3 in single player and I got really good with the Brits, I would defeat the AI in single player on hard very easily. Then when I tried it online I found out how incredibly shitty I was... Like so bad that the other players reached age IV and I'd still be in I or II :erk:

The thing with Starcraft and most RTS is that the campaign just does not prepare you for the multiplayer. You get the very basics out of campaign, but multiplayer is much faster paced and difficult. You need to learn basic build orders depending on which race you're going against, and also which unit counters what, how to scout, not get supply blocked, the list goes on and on. Everyone sucks ass at micro/macro when first starting out, shit I was in Bronze league for almost a year, but if you put in the time it becomes one of the most rewarding games you can play.

Single player is a tutorial at best in any RTS game. Even games with great AI can't react to unpredictable strategies, at best it can be programmed to build fast and efficiently, but you won't see AI coming up with weird ways to keep the enemy at bay or create really odd unit arrangements to take a bigger force.

In RTS games AI difficulty is usually measured in brute force and speed, but it lacks that creative advantage. You have to completely adjust your style when you switch the multiplayer to compensate for that. No matter how good you are against brute force it will rarely help against ingenuity of a human player.

On the bright side, even though singleplayer does not prepare you for multiplayer, everything you learn from multiplayer will make you completely stomp the computer, so at least it works in your favour that way.

Nope, it' and he is just announcing his vow of secrecy so he can fuck with our minds. It's clearly the new Deer Hunter game that includes Motorbikes. Ayush likes Motorbikes so I'm certain he would try to hunt deer on one, even if he cannot disclose it. What a tease.

:)

Edit : ya.. You know those nights where you are supposed to quietly have two beers at home, and then somehow you wake up at 4am with no idea where you are?? That is my explanation for whatever this post was supposed to be. :) :mad:

Alright, it finaly rendered, it's the last time im doing unusual fragmovie because it takes tons of time to put it together ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeserday installed Far Cry 3. Never was so dissapointed in "open world sandbox game". Literally after 2 hours I know everything about this game and I see no reason to keep playing. You can get all crafted stuff in notime, side missions are even more boring than MMO quests, story is cliche as fuck and im not willing to continue it because its pretty obvious how the game will end.
This is bullshit that this game is rated so high. I'd rather play skyrim which I dislike, but is still 100 times better game than FC 3.

I hope GTA V wont me dissapointment since I preordered.

Finally fired up Mass Effect 3 after marathoning the first two games.... So far I am not enjoying it as much as I wanted... It seems like a bit of a downgrade in a lot of ways. Almost like it was not finished and I'm playing a final Release Candidate rather than a fully patched retail game. Man I hope I can get over the nitpicks, I want to love this game.