The Gaming Thread

I never travel with companions in Fallout/Elder Scrolls. They just get in my way and I feel like I am babysitting an AI when I should be immersing myself. In the case of Fallout 4 I decided to try out Dogmeat since he seems to be popular, but he just got on my nerves and distracted me so I ended up sending him back to Sanctuary. Companions are especially annoying when you want to be sneaky, and even if they share your sneak skill it's an extra body that I can't control wandering out into the open and picking fights I don't want.

I have played it a few more times and it has grown on me a little bit more, but it still has not put any hooks in me where I play for more than an hour at a time.

I realized a big part of the problem is constant load times. My computer is starting to show its age I think because traveling around a town having to see that long ass loading transition every time I want to go into a building is pretty frustrating. I would say that Skyrim is actually still the better looking game yet load times in Skyrim with some huge texture enhancement mods were still 3-5 seconds at the most, while FO4 is taking anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute for even small areas, and considering the amount of load screens just to go into a single room building I don't even want to explore anymore. Maybe some kind of patching will help that...

Oh and I just realized I have not done a Disk Defrag in a long time and I did a HUGE Harddrive cleaning about a week before I installed FO4. So I fired up Defraggler and my HD was at 42% fragmentation! Holy fuck! :lol: I'm hoping a defrag might help my atrocious load times. My PC has never had speed issues or load time issues until now. It has been defragging for over and hour and is only 15% done.

Maybe a format is in order.

I was owning people prior to level 25 on Star Wars Battlefront now all I am doing is getting spawn killed by people in the middle of the maps. I also hate that there is no aim down sights feature. Sure you get a binocular type of thing but that is it. I really want to love this game but something feels off.

Im like 1 game away from reaching the highest rank in csgo but Im not sure I want to reach it, there will be nothing left for me to achieve there ;_;

Anyone getting Rainbow Six Siege? I played the beta and it's fucking awesome. It's more hardcore than the Vegas games, more like the original games but no 3rd person. It relies heavily on teamwork, and is slower paced/more tactical than your standard AAA multiplayer shooter. Feel like a real badass when you blow open an armored window and headshot a guy inside the room while you're upside down on a rappel line. If you liked the old R6 games do get this!!

It's much better to play with friends instead of randoms (like CS), so you can actually work as a team. If you get this add me on Steam - grieverr

So I bought Dark Souls II (for consoles, since the port sucks) and...

Well, now I know i was being lied to. It's not the game for hardcore players. Its the game for fucking kids who want to pose as hardcore gamers.
The game's not hard, it's cheap, boring and retarded.

Controls suck, interface sucks, combat is fucking boring since you basicly just mash attack button and roll when your stamina is low. You dont know what to do, you are supposed to google everything because as I just read "developers want you to interact with community". Well, fuck you, I dont want to.

Selling it tommorrow holy fuck, it's even worse than Fallout 4. Gonna get Uncharted collection for it, hope it wont suck or else ill start regretting buying new console

Apparently you lied, I got Until Dawn instead since it was 50% off today, im 3 hours in and im enjoying it so far. Pretty linear, but acting and visuals are great.

Shockingly, 2 more games that dont suck!

Took a break from Until Dawn because I got Bloodrayne from indiegala bundle and when the game seemed better 10 years ago I still enjoyed it (who wouldve thought it was so short though? 4,5 hours and i was done with it).
+1 for Rayne moans when she sucks her enemies <3

Also, today is prepremiere of Helldivers, wanted tog et it on ps4 but none of my friends have the console so we got it for PC. Amazing experiance in coop and is challenging in funny, rewarding way. Friedly fire dou </3. cant wait to play more of it tmrow.

It's not the game for hardcore players. Its the game for fucking kids who want to pose as hardcore gamers.
The game's not hard, it's cheap, boring and retarded.

crying-tears-toddler-sad-baby-unhappy.jpg

You're not supposed to google what to do, sweetheart. You're supposed to use your noggin and learn from your environment.

Finally formatting(well installing a new HDD).
I am most displeased, I hate reinstalling shit amd getting things back into full speed glory. I always forget to back something up.
Alas it must be done, I have abused this Harddrive horribly for years and I have had a fresh one literally sittinh in a box waiting for me to stop being so lazy.

Cant learn from the enviroment because of shitty graphics.

Recently more Helldivers love from me and finished Bloodrayne 2, fun series, enjoyed it much more that fallout 4, witcher 3 or shadow of mordor, even though maybe I shouldnt compare those games, maybe besides shadow of mordor but im beginning to see the issues in modern gaming for me.

Developers fail to create good open world and keep the story / game interesting for me. Sure, bloodrayne's plot is stupid and almost nonexistent but still it's not watered down like in open world games where i sometimes forgot what im supposed to do and have no sense of urgency.
Saving the world? Nah bro, your quests suck, id rather play gwent or do some random shit.

crying-tears-toddler-sad-baby-unhappy.jpg

You're not supposed to google what to do, sweetheart. You're supposed to use your noggin and learn from your environment.
agree, dumbest post i read yet lol. its not supposed to be intuitive, its supposed to be based purely on learning and skill. you can still get nearly one shot towards the end of the game, meaning you have to learn how to block or dodge

and the balancing is one of the best ive ever seen in any game. pick a weapon you like the moveset of, pick a armor set you find compliments the way you play (big or fast), and you can beat the game if you understand how to upgrade

guy played it for an hour, thought "wtf people love this game so ill just find a reason to hate it" then sells it for bloodrayne in the same paragraph he says the graphics on ds2 are shit....which is a ps2 game that looks like ass and only sold to 14 year olds for the sex, and is so fucking simple yo ucan beat it in an afternoon without breaking a sweat lol