The Gaming Thread

Getting every single perk would make the game extremely easy man. You are also level 40, which is not even halfway to the level cap so you have plenty of time to fix whatever is causing you to get killed by fucking Forsworn. High level Forsworn tend to be pretty tough keep in mind, their ranks have a pretty steep curve.

I don't know what your skill focuses are but if you have invested in smithing and enchantment (and alchemy if you really want to push your power) you can give yourself a hell of a boost. It depends on if you spread yourself thin or not. If you've maxed one handed and used the relevant perks the next thing you need is a kickass weapon, because for me most enemies were easy to wipe out by 40-45. By level 60 if you have used perks and skills wisely you will kick anythings ass, dragons will barely get a chance to land.

^I'm level 45 and playing on hard, and very rarely do I run into something I can't kill with a little persistence. I'm also playing on console, and I haven't noticed any real problems that couldn't be solved by reloading the game file beyond some occasional clipping. The leveling system is the same that's been in use for years and years (save this one has a perk system) and I haven't encountered any problems with that either. The trick is to plan how you're going to level up before you start. I stockpiled perk points until I decided how I was going to spend them, then I stuck to the plan.

And as Belac said, we're still only halfway to the level cap, you'll have plenty of time to correct any problems with your character.

:lol: ok i was going to write seriously all of that yesterday but felt like a dick, all your points. all skills would make the game stupid and easy (everyone would just be the same charecter leaving no variety, just pick best sword/armor with master level spells).
smithing/enchantments
if you have one handed maxed then you should also be doing double damage with that sword

i finished the game at level 45, without spoilers the last boss never even got me under 50% health. i have a sword that absorbs health....not to mention im fucking level 45 :lol: (this is all on hard)

like how much more of an advantage do you need in this game, a legion of dragons that shield you from all damage? armor that renders you invincible?

end rant :lol:

My favorite build/playstyle has generally been the same in Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3/New Vegas for my first playthrough. I tend to make assassin type characters before exploring other character options.

In Skyrim I mastered Sneak, Archery, One Handed and focused on Light Armor a little, from there I branch out to whatever I feel like. I basically stick to the shadows and can kill entire camps from a distance without them being able to find me. But if I want I can switch to dual wielding swords and do a fuckload of damage as fast as possible (since I'm only light armored) and the dual wielding flurry power attack is a fucking beast, I cut dragons down in one dual power attack. I completely ignore the Block perk tree in favor of One Handed, so I can focus on damage and use those perks I saved in the Restoration tree or something.

I'm not sure why but I love playing stealthy characters that are lethal if used properly, but ineffective at charging in like a maniac lol. Shit my Daedric dagger does like 60 damage + enchantments(might be higher I forget) and a sneak attack with it does 15x damage. That's 900 damage, if I sneak up on someone and hit them with that they are fucked. Hell of a way to open a group fight, you can kill one with the dagger sneak attack and have your sword already in the other hand, and kill 3 of them before they can draw their weapons in shock. :)

After that build the next character could be anything.

My favorite build/playstyle has generally been the same in Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3/New Vegas for my first playthrough. I tend to make assassin type characters before exploring other character options.

In Skyrim I mastered Sneak, Archery, One Handed and focused on Light Armor a little, from there I branch out to whatever I feel like. I basically stick to the shadows and can kill entire camps from a distance without them being able to find me. But if I want I can switch to dual wielding swords and do a fuckload of damage as fast as possible (since I'm only light armored) and the dual wielding flurry power attack is a fucking beast, I cut dragons down in one dual power attack. I completely ignore the Block perk tree in favor of One Handed, so I can focus on damage and use those perks I saved in the Restoration tree or something.

I'm not sure why but I love playing stealthy characters that are lethal if used properly, but ineffective at charging in like a maniac lol. Shit my Daedric dagger does like 60 damage + enchantments(might be higher I forget) and a sneak attack with it does 15x damage. That's 900 damage, if I sneak up on someone and hit them with that they are fucked. Hell of a way to open a group fight, you can kill one with the dagger sneak attack and have your sword already in the other hand, and kill 3 of them before they can draw their weapons in shock. :)

After that build the next character could be anything.

You built my character :lol:

Lol, my build was mostly destruction, then sneak, one handed, conjuration, and light armor. A very odd but fun playstyle.

Handing out a free copy of Enchanted Arms for the 360 to anyone that is willing to accept the price of 100% completing the game.

pokmon-dont-make-the-same-mistake.jpg

Niki play ToR with us.

Also, I'm going to be on Starcraft 2 like crazy when mah shit arrives in thur mail, so do that as well.

Don't think, just do it.