The Gaming Thread

Well after playing Darksiders 2 for a few more hours, I can say it's a damn good game. I even took the time to tweak the Mouse+Keyboard controls to something I liked and it's kicking ass now. I will admit though, the controller somehow feels more natural and I play better with it. I can definitely see where all the Prince of Persia and Zelda comparisons are coming from, this game has platforming similar to Prince of Persia with all the acrobatics, wall running, pillar jumping and climbing shit, along with a great combat system. The game is basically an open world game with what I guess are "temples", a bit like Zelda games have complete with puzzles, treasure chests and enemies that drop loot such as armor and weapons. Of course there have already been some epic boss battles too. All and all I'm getting into it more as I continue, so far everything has been smooth and fun, I have not come across any glitches like some people report. I also like that each piece of armor and weapons show up on death so his look changes as you play.

So far I've not even focused so much on the RPG elements, rather I've been engrossed in the adventure/platforming the game has to offer. There are two skill trees available and you get 1 skill point each time you level up. One tree gives you summoning abilities, and the other offers you special skills you can activate during combat. However emphasis is not really on these trees like Kingdoms of Amalur, they are considered bonuses as the core of the game is still combat rather than RPG. The combat itself is so seamless between my two set of weapons (each are bound to a different button so you can wield them together) that I barely need the skill trees. I have been saving points instead for a time I discover what I need to kick more ass. I can see how both summons and personal benefits could be implemented into the combo attacks and combat itself.

I only hope the game is a long as it seems it will be. I'm hoping to get about 25 hours out of it, purely based on how the game feels so far. I think there is a lot of content to explore here.

I have to say I recommend this game to anyone even slightly interested, it surpassed my expectations completely. I did not go into it with a lot of research but it was a worthy buy in my opinion. However since I have not played Darksiders 1 it's hard for me to say if it's a lot of the same or not. I don't think Darksiders 1 had this much going on though unless I'm totally mistaken.

Antec makes good cases, my case is Antec actually. I use this, and it's pretty good for access. Although I'm not necessarily rcommending it, I bought it because I had a little extra cash at the end of my upgrade.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Generally you should only have to spend between $60 - $80 for a case that will do all you need, at least last I checked.

That power supply location is a little weird but it's not that uncommon, especially in older or pre-built brand computers where the psu was often on the top rather than bottom.

Do you know the exact model of both your processor and the Mobo? I forget what it was, but I remember the page you directed us to wasn't that specific.

It's a locked American Mega trends BIOs. I have no clue who made the Mobo. And here is the stock specs.
http://i.imgur.com/I8W6N.png

Well after playing Darksiders 2 for a few more hours, I can say it's a damn good game. I even took the time to tweak the Mouse+Keyboard controls to something I liked and it's kicking ass now. I will admit though, the controller somehow feels more natural and I play better with it. I can definitely see where all the Prince of Persia and Zelda comparisons are coming from, this game has platforming similar to Prince of Persia with all the acrobatics, wall running, pillar jumping and climbing shit, along with a great combat system. The game is basically an open world game with what I guess are "temples", a bit like Zelda games have complete with puzzles, treasure chests and enemies that drop loot such as armor and weapons. Of course there have already been some epic boss battles too. All and all I'm getting into it more as I continue, so far everything has been smooth and fun, I have not come across any glitches like some people report. I also like that each piece of armor and weapons show up on death so his look changes as you play.

So far I've not even focused so much on the RPG elements, rather I've been engrossed in the adventure/platforming the game has to offer. There are two skill trees available and you get 1 skill point each time you level up. One tree gives you summoning abilities, and the other offers you special skills you can activate during combat. However emphasis is not really on these trees like Kingdoms of Amalur, they are considered bonuses as the core of the game is still combat rather than RPG. The combat itself is so seamless between my two set of weapons (each are bound to a different button so you can wield them together) that I barely need the skill trees. I have been saving points instead for a time I discover what I need to kick more ass. I can see how both summons and personal benefits could be implemented into the combo attacks and combat itself.

I only hope the game is a long as it seems it will be. I'm hoping to get about 25 hours out of it, purely based on how the game feels so far. I think there is a lot of content to explore here.

I have to say I recommend this game to anyone even slightly interested, it surpassed my expectations completely. I did not go into it with a lot of research but it was a worthy buy in my opinion. However since I have not played Darksiders 1 it's hard for me to say if it's a lot of the same or not. I don't think Darksiders 1 had this much going on though unless I'm totally mistaken.

It wasn't as in depth, no. Then again it was the first installment of the series. I squeezed about 30 hours out of Darksiders, I'm assuming 2 should be decently long.

...Years you should finish it. Stop knifing people all day and play through the first Darksiders.

^ Saw that on Katatonias facebook. Novembers Doom Dark world Burden gets quoted in the game as well.

177802_10151055492520926_1361278832_o.jpg

Funny, seeing as I was listening to your latest EP while playing Sonic the Hedgehog, I now have you placed as more of a Genesis type of guy. :loco:

no need for namecalling :)lol:)

:lol: I urge you to finish things while I've got a shelf/hard drive full of games I haven't finished.

:lol: same, i have a bad habit of grinding my way through a game, getting to the last boss, die a couple times and just never play it again. just hit that with prototype 2, last boss has like 5 forms at least from what i can tell, and i could barely get past form 2 :lol:. fuck it, i stopped watching the cinematics weeks ago

Funny, seeing as I was listening to your latest EP while playing Sonic the Hedgehog, I now have you placed as more of a Genesis type of guy. :loco:

I got Genesis close to launch and loved the shit out of it, but I'll always be a Nintendo fanboy. :)

Still remember popping Altered Beast in for the first time and being blown away by "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!"

And speaking of the EP, it's been out for close to 2 months, with nary a review thus far.

Excuse me as I blow my brains out.

Oh? I know I didn't review it because it wasn't with any of the promos we get, so I assumed you were using a different PR.

Isn't it more convenient to just download an emulator and all the games for playing anytime plus it saves on your hard drive (not a temp folder)? Zsnes or Snes9X also wipe the floor with that emulator:)