The Gaming Thread

every review ive read about no mans sky reads like their first ever pc game.

its buggy on release

like every pc game

ever

(doesnt interest me anyway, like you guys said it looks a little pointless)

There is "buggy" and "unplayable" and from what I hear it's the latter. It's just shameless, easy port from ps4 that runs like shit.

And i need it to type it again. Shitty port of indie game = 60 USD.

Played some Rust with a friend and its pretty enjoyable, however it probably gets boring later.
Also would be easier if your friend wasnt retard and wouldnt attack bears with wooden spears or eat raw human flesh. After he died we wasted like an hour to find each other again.

Okay, Rust is amazing. It's hard as fuck, but i didnt have such thrill in online game since Tibia. Death means lose shitton of stuff most of the time, especiaslly when you are newbie without solid base. And even offline you are not safe, anybody with bigger amount of resources can wreck you inside your 6 stories base made of metal.

Played with a friend today, went on a trip with a friend to sightsee and we were shot at with rifles, we murdered someone during the night on the airport with crossbows, we almost murdered a friendly guy with a guitar minding his own bussiness because it looked like he was holding a rifle pointed at us, we were almost mauled by bears and eaten by wolves and finally our lives spared by a friendly british girl. My russian accent talked us out of the trouble it seems.

11/9

I was gifted MGS Phantom Pain for my birthday, only major MGS I haven't played. The lack of story in this one turns me off, but I did enjoy the prequel Ground Zeros that was open world too.

Reactions: Lifemocker
Exactly same thought. Hell, Ground Zeroes had way more story and BB talked more than in Phantom Pain. I still replay GZ every 2-3 months, havent touched Phantom Pain since i finished it last october.

I just saw a new trailer for MGS 3 pachinko machine and im fucking furious.

Those ching chong fucks recreated cutscenes 1:1 on fox engine and put them onto a fucking slot machine insetad of remaking the game.

It just hurts to see it wasted like that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

3D7BD8638A8BDBC8E4E29C19CD434FBA3BC69564

CF790F3047383E96A8559E51D61D2CC5D07128AC

RIP Outer Heaven, 2.09.2016-12.09.2016

You will be avenged. I know where they live. I know where they took your heart. I'll always be with you. Always.

Holy shit, I just went full beast mode in Rust, killed 13 people during attack and didnt die a single time.
There is room on this server for only one player.

Love this fucking game.

So been playing a lot of MGS 5 this weekend. I just tonight got to where you meet Quiet. I'm glad you told me not to kill her or you lose a lot of story, I just got her back to mother base.

But so far, man this game has really blown me away more than I thought it could being open world with less story than the rest of the series. The opening scenes in the hospital escape screamed classic MGS before the world opened up. The missions are starting to already really ramp up in difficulty. Trying to stealth an entire mission and get a good ranking is fucking intense as fuck, I've yet to do it but have got close. It's really impressive with all the different situations they throw out you, how you choose to deal with them. The mission where you first meet Ghost Face was fucking great, and the 2 where at the end you have to blow up heavy on the move tanks before I've unlocked rocket launchers was brilliant. I stayed away from the game so long cause of the open world aspect, but you only have to bullshit around the world if you want. The main and side-op missions take you right where you need to go.

Really glad I decided to finally play this. I should have never doubted Papa Kojima. My main gripe is no David Hayter as Snake, and I'm still trying to figure out whats going on in the story overall. MGS lore is so fucking convoluted I get really confused trying to link things up. The cassette tapes help, especially the ones I listened to about what happened in MGS 3 Snake Eater.

Last edited:
I dont really like the open world in MGS. There is literally only 2 missions indoors and at least on PC playing the game is very, very easy. I always try to be stealthy, but when i get detected its not "oh well, now im fucked" it's
olB0hX5.gif

where i just kill / fultin everyone while not dying, because, ugh, auto regenerating health.

I really liked Sutherland as Snake, although you dont really hear him much. About tapes - they were good in peace walker, mobile game. When im on fucking PC i dont want to stare at the image and listen to 10 minutes of tapes, gimme a fucking cutscene. And let Snake interact with the others, he's not Gordon Freeman.
So i'm glad youre enjoying it, but still keep your expectations low and you will enjoy the game. I enjoyed it but i wont go back to it. The gameplay got boring and too easy and there is no story. I just keep replaying Ground Zeroes when i want some mgs action on PC

Well, its not the best looking game, but my PC is shitty (and the game is poorly optimised) im running it on the lowest possible settings, On max settings it looks pretty good.

battlefield 1 has been super fun so far, they really simplified it, but not in a bad way. it just feels really focused and well balanced. instead of 100 guns each with 10 attachments and 10 scopes its just bare bones guns, with enough variety to give you all the options youd generally want.

new path of exile league in a few days, gets better each patch and is like an amazing d2

also playing dark souls 3, never finished it the first go around. i just love making characters and exploring the world. really satisfying combat