The great and all powerful religion thread!

I am asking in general
Ok. Well, I would say that much like any book, there are parts that are not meant to be taken literally. In the Bible, I think these parts are fairly obvious (such as the Jesus's parables). Besides instances like these, I do take the Bible literally...hopefully that answers your question, I'm having a hard time writing out my thoughts...

Edit: I have to get off the computer now, so I will continue this tomorrow.

Ok. Well, I would say that much like any book, there are parts that are not meant to be taken literally. In the Bible, I think these parts are fairly obvious (such as the Jesus's parables). Besides instances like these, I do take the Bible literally...hopefully that answers your question, I'm having a hard time writing out my thoughts...

Edit: I have to get off the computer now, so I will continue this tomorrow.
Cool. I agree the Bible is not all true. I would just like to point out that the reason we now don't take the Bible literally is that our morals have progressed past the point of slavery, rape and stoning. Therefore the statement that bible guides you or gives you morals is untrue.

Why the fuck else would the author of the Bible not want two men to sleep together?

He was obviously jealous, thus his vindictive nature within the writings.

p.s.: I know there are multiple authors to that damned book, go correct someone else who cares.

I know this is going to come off stupid, but...

Could anyone give me a break down (or even a link explaining) all religions and their beliefs etc out their?

and... what the fuck is a pagan?