the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh Grimace said:
you find it random and directionless because you do not understand what is going on because your brain can only process melodies and beats that are comfortable and familiar to you because you are a closed minded twit.

Uninformed statements like these aren't going to get you very far in life. And I am quite far from close-minded.

Just shut the fuck up.

Teh Grimace said:
if you don't listen to an entire genre of music, you are lame. this is not an arguable statement. even i like a couple power metal bands.

What's wrong with just not liking it? It just doesn't appeal to me. I have no reason to listen to grindcore, so I don't. I'd rather build my collection with CDs that I actually WANT to listen to rather than waste my money on something that I'll listen to maybe once a month.

And stop calling everything lame. Get a thesaurus or something. :erk:

i like the word lame. it means what i intend to say, so that's the word of the day.

you should enjoy it. if you don't have the degree of cultured taste required appreaciate exceptional art in any and all of it's forms, then that's a problem, and you should work on it.

Teh Grimace said:
you should enjoy it. if you don't have the degree of cultured taste required appreaciate exceptional art in any and all of it's forms, then that's a problem, and you should work on it.

This isn't a matter of appreciation, this is a matter of taste. I do know that grindcore requires talent, and sure, it ain't melodious or anything, but it is music nonetheless. I just don't enjoy listening to it, in the same way I don't like metalcore.

In the interests of providing Authentic Metalhead with examples of more structured grind (most of these tracks do still fairly chaotic at times, but they're probably the most 'accessible' grind songs I can find):

Nasum - 'Detonator', from Human 2.0

Napalm Death - 'Narcoleptic', from Order Of The Leech

Abaddon Incarnate - 'Come Onto Me', from Nadir

He Who Corrupts - 'Whose Ball Bearings Need Greasin'', from The Smell Of Money

Give those a try, see what you think. And yeah, I'm expecting a few 'so-and-so weren't grind by that album' responses, and others like them. I'll be ignoring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.