the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Neurotica said:
I seriously doubt you would handle it. Russian (I speak it as a first language) and ukrainian are danm difficult like hell. So don't even bother.

Yes my mother wanted me to learn Russian when I was little (like 8 or 9) because she's 100%.

Holy shit that did NOT work out. I wish I stuck with it though! Would be easier than learning it now.

Susperia said:
Yes my mother wanted me to learn Russian when I was little (like 8 or 9) because she's 100%.

Holy shit that did NOT work out. I wish I stuck with it though! Would be easier than learning it now.
Yeah. Haha, I can't even say that I speak it perfectly myself.

what makes it so difficult? I took Russian for a year, and of course am nowhere NEAR fluent or anything of the likes, but I learned most of the structure and rules of the language, and am just lacking proper vocabulary, which I try and learn on my own.

Umm, the problem is not in the words, but mostly in conjugations, tenses, endings (different one for each gender and it changes depending on tense (if its verb) (+gender again) ), how sounds pronouncе and many many many other complicating details that are just the pain in the ass actually...

Agreed. My father grew up in a Polish-speaking household but the language is so difficult that even a native speaker quickly forgets it once they integrate into American society.
I'm going to Poland next year and my father is trying to bring the old mother tongue back to help us out in our travels, but it's fucking hard.

~Neurotica said:
Umm, the problem is not in the words, but mostly in conjugations, tenses, endings (different one for each gender and it changes depending on tense (if its verb) (+gender again) ), how sounds pronouncе and many many many other complicating details that are just the pain in the ass actually...

I see...I remember it taking a while to get used to conjugating properly. :erk:

Wroclaw for two nights. It's part of a two week trip across Central Europe. I'll be hitting Germany, Poland, Czech Rep, France and Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.